BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 147 ]  [ Total: 154 ]  [ Newest Member: F Niederhausen ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Clogged air conditioner under water intake
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Trojan 440 Topic Next Topic: Installing solar panelon Carver 355 98 aft  

KEND

RO# 32184

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  20:13:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1991 33" Carver Aft cabin 3307 , every time I go into a weedy marina my clam shell intake gets clogged and my air conditioner pump does not work properly or shuts down, other boats in the marina do not have the same problem, once i leave the marina the problem goes away, is there a flaw in the design of the intake on my Carver, or any other idea why it would happen,

Homeport: Mich

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  10:34:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my carver had a mushroom inlet. grass and junk did get into the strainer but I figured that is what it was for. put a garden hose up against the outlet next time and it will blow out the clog.

Bruce

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page

jtybt15

RO# 3300

Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  13:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...or if it allows it, turn it around 180*

Charlie

There is much to be said, in a world like ours, for taking the world as you find it and fishing with a worm.-Bliss Perry, 1904

Homeport: Ca Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Trojan 440 Topic Next Topic: Installing solar panelon Carver 355 98 aft  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.53 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com