BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 70 ]  [ Total: 73 ]  [ Newest Member: tab61 ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Oar goes through a car windshield
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: El Faro story on 60 Minutes Topic Next Topic: Napping at the wheel?  

boatbum

RO# 36

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  10:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a pleasant experience to be sure. Someone obviously didn't secure their paddles well.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/34022248/oar-impales-port-charlotte-womans-windshield-off-highway

Homeport:

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  10:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
more proof that oars should be regulated.

Bruce

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page

boatbum

RO# 36

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  11:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We know someone is up the street without a paddle.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Sandy

RO# 1159

Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  21:18:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The woman driver was very fortunate to have been able to move her head just right to avoid much worse effect from the motor-home owner's negligence.

The motor-home folks ....may.... have thought her car was a white whale. But I suspect they were the Clark Griswold family being themselves.

Sandy

Homeport: The Vineyard Go to Top of Page

GeorgeKohler

RO# 33821

Posted - Dec 14 2016 :  12:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the re-enactment.

Homeport: Raystown, PA Go to Top of Page

JeffN

RO# 3672

Posted - Dec 15 2016 :  20:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a guy's kayak take flight right in front of me but had enough room to manouever out of the lane-lots of excitement though.

And one of my trailer fenders broke it's rusty bolts(who knew?), slid under the tire and flew up in the air who knows how high. It landed on the back window of an Audi in the next lane and shattered it. Talk about a freak occurrence.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didnít understand the assignment, and I told them they didnít understand life. ~John Lennon

Homeport: Vero Beach FL Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: El Faro story on 60 Minutes Topic Next Topic: Napping at the wheel?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com