BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 65 ]  [ Total: 70 ]  [ Newest Member: tboy ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Baltimore Boat Show
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Santa Cruz marina fire Topic Next Topic: Survey Question 3 - Hopefully Last  

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  09:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm headed to the Baltimore Boat Show today (scored a couple of fee passes). Anyone else? (Yes, I have my bullet proof vest and Kevlar helmet).
Mike

I recently realized that at this stage of my life I'm now wise enough to know better, but old enough not to give a damn.

Homeport: Still Pond, MD

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  16:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On our way home from the show I get a call. I won a $500 boat show shopping spree!! Guess I'm going back tomorrow.

Mike

I recently realized that at this stage of my life I'm now wise enough to know better, but old enough not to give a damn.

Homeport: Still Pond, MD Go to Top of Page

ronbo1

RO# 21769

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  17:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But it's going to end up costing you $1500.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  21:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And why is that, ronbo?

Mike

ronbo1

RO# 21769

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  17:12:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, because you'll end up spending that much in stuff you don't need. All said in jest!

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  17:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, what did you end up buying?

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  13:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rongo1,
OK. I get it. LOL But I did avoid that danger. With my wife's "help" (see below)we spent exactly $500, right down to the dime.

Charles, we got a new boat last fall so there wasn't much I needed. In fact, last year I took a bunch of stuff to a bunch of Marine consignment store in Rock Hall. So yesterday I ordered a new, upgraded AM/FM/CD/Sat radio with remote and a set of trim tabs. The Admiral spent the rest on a something sparkly that she likes.
The show folks took some photos and a video. The video is up on the Baltimore Boat Show website (in which I look like a tired, old man). They also offered me some part-time work at the future boat shows in Baltimore, Annapolis and Philly which I said I would look forward to.

Mike

mdoherty

RO# 12220

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  13:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that you've accepted their offer of employment you are no longer eligible to participate in the contest and need to give it all back.

Mike

Homeport: Leesburg VA Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  19:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mdoherty

Now that you've accepted their offer of employment you are no longer eligible to participate in the contest and need to give it all back.

I agree. Hate to see you get in trouble over this. I do think just passing everything on to another deserving boater will take care of the problem. I'll be glad to take everything off your hands to keep you out of hot water.

Edited by - cwms on Jan 29 2017 19:31:44

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  20:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, ......no.

Mike

Previous Topic: Santa Cruz marina fire Topic Next Topic: Survey Question 3 - Hopefully Last  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com