BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 112 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: Carmen ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Mississippi, Ohio and St. Croix Rivers
 Bought a new houseboat
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Stillwater fireworks, anchoring, boating at night  

River Runner

RO# 33941

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  13:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the Cincinnati area and bought a new houseboat. I am hoping to be able to meet up with some of the Cincinnati area boaters soon. Previous name for the boat was "RAM A DAMN... AGAIN". Still not sure what her new name will be but I will be having a renaming ceremony soon. She spent most of her time tied to the dock but we hope to get her out again soon. She is a 47' Gibson Sport Series. She is already wet and still winterized. Can't wait for the weather to finally decide what it is going to do.

Edited by - River Runner on Mar 11 2017 07:50:38

Homeport: OH

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  13:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great. Excellent choice. I prefer hpuseboats for most inland areas. Now you can look for the necessary toys to accompany the boat.

Bruce

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page

River Runner

RO# 33941

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  07:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bruce. I'm getting a little old for the water toys but the grandkids will like them I'm sure. Just give me a nice little quiet inlet and a chair on the deck and I'm a happy man! I think I may have found my retirement plan... Untie from the dock in Cincinnati and drift down the river with the current all the way to New Orleans. I wonder how long that would take?

Homeport: OH Go to Top of Page

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  08:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know just the book to reread on the trip. Some kids planned that a long time ago.

Yes the toys are for the kids so they want to spend time off the computer and with the old folks. I can't think of a better adventure and memory builder for grand kids. Enjoy

Bruce

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  08:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never understood how why folks buy boats suitable for oceans to use on inland rivers

Bruce

River Runner

RO# 33941

Posted - Mar 24 2017 :  07:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bruce. I'm with you. I had thought about a cruiser but with my wife and I getting up in age we felt that the climbing on and off the boat during docking too stressful on our old bones. We prefer to just step off and on. Plus the added area on houseboat floor plans makes it a no brainer with what we want to do with it.

Homeport: OH Go to Top of Page

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Mar 24 2017 :  12:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For should follow function but we buy stuff for the function we wish we could do instead of what we actually do..

Bruce

Topic Next Topic: Stillwater fireworks, anchoring, boating at night  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com