BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 90 ]  [ Total: 91 ]  [ Newest Member: aenglebert1 ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Across the Atlantic in a.....
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: An interesting restoration project completes. Topic Next Topic: Do I need to remove the name/hailing port?  

Tim R

RO# 2009

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  18:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had solo crossing on small sailing vessels, rowing skiffs, and a large hamster ball (which failed), but now we have one on a paddle board! Three months and 4,500 knots from Morocco to Antigua without even stopping at the Canary Isles. Who says a paddle board is not really a boat???

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/sport/chris-bertish-sup-atlantic-crossing/index.html

Homeport: Northwest, NJ

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  20:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it s not really a paddle board. It s a 20' cabin boat with paddle propulsion. And he was riding the trades so he probably got a nice push from the winds

Still Pretty long trip

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

boatbum

RO# 36

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  20:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least he wasn't in the middle of the Hudson, East River or NY Harbor during rush hour with the ferries LMHO.

Edited by - boatbum on Mar 10 2017 20:58:37

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Sandy

RO# 1159

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  22:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By Jove, 4500 kts is indeed a rather impressive speed on a paddled vessel! I bet he's hiding a flux capacitor.

A truly amazing feat he accomplished, and even more amazing he even thought up that concept..

Sandy

Edited by - Sandy on Mar 10 2017 22:43:26

Homeport: The Vineyard Go to Top of Page

SailArmy

RO# 2656

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  09:22:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! A paddle boat that can go 6.8 Mach.....that's impressive!!!

Homeport: Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: An interesting restoration project completes. Topic Next Topic: Do I need to remove the name/hailing port?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com