BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 56 ]  [ Total: 65 ]  [ Newest Member: tboy ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Lots of water
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: A toast  

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  22:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My buddy and I made our annual winter trip to the delta last week. Everyone said don't go as a front was coming through and the water was running high and fast. We put in at B &W and made a run up Moke to Guisti's. The river was up but the weather Friday could not have been better. Guisti's as always was great. Spent the bight on my boat tied up to Guisti's dock. Sat morning went to Wimpy's for breakfasts and then went down to check out Helen and Hermans, my favorite place to hang out as a kid. Still closed and falling into the river. Tried to see haw far we could go on the north fork of the Moke towards Lodi but fast water and down trees ended that. Spent Sat night tied up to Guisti's again...great dinner...cigars and Crown Royal on the boat. Rained like hell that night but we were warm and dry. Good trip

DBH
"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport:

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Mar 15 2017 :  14:55:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm jealous. Stopped by Oxbow a couple weeks ago by way of the asphalt slough. The high water level had done a number on the marina guest dock area. Heard the water got up to the road by the homes, though as of then, no homes were effected. Sad to think of H&H and one of my favorite haunts from years ago, Das Cliff Haus, rotting away.

Homeport: Clayton, CA Go to Top of Page
  Topic Next Topic: A toast  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com