BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Documentation renewal-don't fall for this scam
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Anyone in a slip with no finger? Topic Next Topic: What systems can I run while on a lift?
Page: of 2

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Mar 24 2017 :  17:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you get a CG renewal letter, make sure it is from the CG. I got a letter in the mail directing me to their website where I ended up paying $75 for renewal. I now know it was a documentation service and not the CG.
They got me this time but never again.
Next year, I will renew only with the CG and $26...not $75.

Homeport: VA

boatbum

RO# 36

Posted - Mar 24 2017 :  17:49:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other than satisfying a bank requirement why would anyone document their boat now?

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Mar 24 2017 :  18:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a tax savings in some states. $26/ year is cheaper than state registration in some states and not all states require state registration of documented vessels (Va is one of those states).

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

boatbum

RO# 36

Posted - Mar 24 2017 :  20:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That'll do it!

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Mar 25 2017 :  20:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory S

There's a tax savings in some states. $26/ year is cheaper than state registration in some states and not all states require state registration of documented vessels (Va is one of those states).

And until a couple of years ago, renewal was free.

Homeport: VA Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Mar 26 2017 :  17:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
only deal with this web site
http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg5/nvdc/

I googled Coast Guard Documentation and the first thing to pop up was a documentation service, one that charges an extra fee to handle it for you. The actual CG website was about 5th on the list.

Ironworks

RO# 20174

Posted - Mar 28 2017 :  16:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a service. If you do not want it do not use it. Real simple. Compare it to the other services you may use in your life. People charge for service period. No scam at all. Hope this helps.

44' Viking ACMY Diesel
28 ft Omega 454 Gas IB

Homeport: Toledo Ohio. Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Mar 28 2017 :  21:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworks

It is a service. If you do not want it do not use it. Real simple. Compare it to the other services you may use in your life. People charge for service period. No scam at all. Hope this helps.

Yes it is a service. I can either use them and take 3 minutes to give them my info and pay $75 or I can take 3 minutes and give the same info to the CG and pay $26.
Make no mistake about it, this "service" goes to great lengths to fool people into thinking they are dealing with the CG.

SailArmy

RO# 2656

Posted - Mar 29 2017 :  12:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In a society of "Instant Gratification", "Due Diligence" seems to always take a back seat. A bit sad.

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Mar 29 2017 :  12:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SailArmy

In a society of "Instant Gratification", "Due Diligence" seems to always take a back seat. A bit sad.

I don't disagree and I'm not an "instant gratification" kind of person. Just the opposite
I really thought the renewal letter came from the CG and the website I went to looked pretty good too.
Fooled me once and will never happen again.

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Apr 02 2017 :  18:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bump. I want as many people as possible to read this thread and please pass it on to your boating buddies who have CG documented boats.

ericsilv

RO# 10428

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  12:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just got the letter there smart send apx 2weeks before you get the real one and there address ends .us makes you think its offical

Homeport: brooklyn Go to Top of Page

ericsilv

RO# 10428

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  12:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Edited by - ericsilv on Apr 08 2017 12:57:46

Homeport: brooklyn Go to Top of Page

abalmuth

RO# 13885

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  15:28:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericsilv

just got the letter there smart send apx 2weeks before you get the real one and there address ends .us makes you think its offical

I own 4 .us domains, nothing special about them except the .com was already taken

Carver Voyager 530 with Volvo 122's/610HP
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........

Homeport: Huntington/Greenport, NY Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Apr 17 2017 :  10:17:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My brother got the reminder letter the other day and almost fell for the $75 fee, but I was able to warn him before he renewed.

Again, ONLY use this website and pay $26 to the CG, not $75.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg5/nvdc/

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  08:31:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a press release from BOAT US about this.

https://www.boatus.com/pressroom/release.asp?id=1280

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  10:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They got me! Damm it!
I saw it and I knew my renewal was due and I missed it last year.
It sure looked real, even their website is just like Coast Guards.
Left them a nasty voicemail. Smart, they have no operators, no way to contact them.

Oh well.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Edited by - CurrentSea on Apr 19 2017 10:29:31

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  10:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent them an email letting them know just what I thought of them and saying I was going to alert as many people as possible on boating forums. I got a reply saying they were forwarding my email to their lawyer and if I did anything to defame them, I would be sued.

Sorry they got you as well CurrentSea. Tell everyone you know who has documented boats. I alerted my brother just in time.

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  12:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its funny because I read this post and didn't think about it.
Then I got the letter and it sat there for a day and my wife said, don't you have to renew.
I then went to do it and all looked so official that I felt I was dealing with USCG.
Plus I knew last year I paid alot because I missed my renewal so the $75 seemed about right.

You should check they file it - mine looks good.

http://cgmix.uscg.mil/vds/

They use pay.gov to pay the $26.
Yeah, the scammed be out of $49.
I threatened to sue them and I reported them to the us postal service.

Think about it, this is such a easy scam that can apply to anything. Passports, car registration, property taxes, driver's license, any license.

Just send if before the official letter and your guaranteed a few suckers.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  13:05:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least you didn't sign up for the 5 year renewal. I posted this alert on another boating forum and one of the members admitted to doing just that. He's going to try to get it cancelled.
For what it's worth, I did get my renewal letter from the CG, so it is a legit (unethical) service.

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  06:39:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, this will be a super long post. I contacted them. Said I wanted to cancel their service.
This is what I got back. I assume its a stock answer they send to everyone as they must get tons of people calling them a scam!

Dear Managing Owner,

This message is written in response to your refund request for Renewal of Documentation for "CurrentSea" with USCG Doc. No.: 1219962 received today, 4/19/2017 via email.

According to your message, you've requested your application to be cancelled, and a full refund for your fees submitted, despite your acknowledgement of the fact that your Renewal request has already been successfully processed.

Please be advised that all previous correspondence, including this message, has been forwarded to our firm's retained legal counsel [CC'd on this message], as you have already made your intention to defraud, and defame our firm evident through your previous message(s).

As the Terms and Conditions clearly state, whether you choose to cancel your application or not, all application and processing fees submitted remain non-refundable in accordance with the Authorization of Payment you selected. You should also be aware of the fact that your application for Renewal of Coast Guard Documentation was successfully submitted on 4/17/2017. See receipt below:

Application Name: Vessel Doc Form
Pay.gov Tracking ID: 261TTOVH
Agency Tracking ID: 75226872853
Transaction Type: Sale
Transaction Date: 04/17/2017 05:43:17 PM EDT
Service Requested: Renewal
Vessel Number: 1219962

As detailed above, not only are we unable to process a refund, but your application has already been processed so we can no longer cancel the application.

I understand you have stated your intention to dispute the charges with your financial institution, despite the fact that you did authorize the charge at the time of your submission. Again, you have even already acknowledged, in writing, receipt of the service you'd requested. As a result, appropriate action is already underway in response.

All correspondence on this matter, including this message, has been forwarded to retained legal counsel. Please consider the outcome of this act of consumer fraud you've committed, before defrauding other businesses in the future.

In addition to the fact that you've already acknowledged in writing the fact that you've already received the service you've paid for, please be advised that in accordance with the Authorization of Payment that you selected at time of submission, and the Terms and Conditions of the website already accepted through use, and by submitting your application; all application and processing fees submitted are non-refundable. Please see the Authorization of Payment you've already selected below: (Emphasis Added)

AUTHORIZATION*

I agree to pay the above total amount according to the card issuer agreement and hereby authorize the charge for the total amount above for the processing of selected USCG documents. I understand that my application will be processed in the order in which it is received by U.S. Vessel Documentation. I understand that application and processing fees are non-refundable as per U.S. Vessel Documentation and as per 46 CFR 67.500(e)

In regards to your claim of intentional misrepresentation, please see the following disclaimer: (Emphasis Added)

Copyright 2016 U.S. VESSEL DOCUMENTATION | All Rights Reserved. U.S. Vessel Documentation is NOT the U.S. Coast Guard or the National Vessel Documentation Center; we are a third party agency that handles USCG Documentation processing to NVDC.

This disclaimer appears at the bottom of every navigable page of the website you submitted your application on.

Additionally, by using the website's services, you've already accepted the Terms and Conditions of the website that clearly stipulate that you acknowledged you were submitting your application with a third-party agency, and that all application and processing fees submitted would remain non-refundable, even in the event of a cancellation.

The Terms and Conditions you've already accepted are included below: (Emphasis Added)

Terms and Conditions for Usage of uscgdocumentation.us Website

1. Terms

By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.

2. Use License

Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on U.S. Vessel Documentationís website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:

modify or copy the materials;
use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
attempt to deconstruct or reverse engineer any software contained on U.S. Vessel Documentationís website;
remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
transfer the materials to another person or ďmirrorĒ the materials on any other server.

This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by U.S. Vessel Documentation at any time.
Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.

3. Limitations

By using this website, you, the customer, warrant to us that all information provided is true and accurate and that you are not using any transaction to commit any wrongful civil or criminal act.
Likewise, if a documentation transaction is rejected due to any error in the completeness or accuracy of the information you provide, then the consequences for such are solely of your own doing, and USVD bears no responsibility or liability caused thereby. This could include suspension of your rights to use your vessel and penalties, prosecution, and fines of up to $10,000 assessed by the USCG;
In no event shall U.S. Vessel Documentation or its suppliers be liable for any consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data, or lost profits, or damages due to business interruption) arising out of the use of inability to use the materials on U.S. Vessel Documentationís uscgdocumentation.us website, even if U.S. Vessel Documentation or a U.S. Vessel Documentation authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.

In no event shall U.S. Vessel Documentation or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on U.S. Vessel Documentationís Internet website, even if U.S. Vessel Documentation or a U.S. Vessel Documentation authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.

4. Revisions and Errata

The materials appearing on U.S. Vessel Documentationís website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. U.S. Vessel Documentation does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. U.S. Vessel Documentation may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. U.S. Vessel Documentation does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.

5. Links

U.S. Vessel Documentation has not reviewed all of the websites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by U.S. Vessel Documentation of the website. Use of any such linked website is at the userís own risk.

6. Site Terms of Use Modifications

U.S. Vessel Documentation may revise these terms of use for its website at any time without notice. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.

7. Governing Law

Any claim relating to U.S. Vessel Documentationís website shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.

8. Fees are Non-Refundable; Failure to respond Will Result in Cancellation of Application

By accepting these terms and conditions and making all payments required for your transaction, you acknowledge that there will be no refund of any fees charged by us and paid by you for any reason.
90-Day Period to Respond to Deficiency in your Documentation: I understand that if I do not respond to deficiency requests within 90 days of the date of the deficiency request, my application will be cancelled.
Fees submitted for online applications include application fees to the NVDC as well as company fees for services provided.

9. Disclaimer

I understand that U.S. Vessel Documentation is NOT the U.S. Coast Guard or the National Vessel Documentation Center.
I understand that U.S. Vessel Documentation does not represent any government agency and is not endorsed by any governmental agency.
I understand I am submitting my application through a private company.
I understand that all of my application and processing fees regarding the submission of my application are nonrefundable.
I understand that in the event I desire to cancel my application, my fees are nonrefundable.
I understand that my application will be processed in the order in which it was received and no exact time frame regarding my application can be given as every application is unique.
The materials on U.S. Vessel Documentationís website are provided ďas is.Ē U.S. Vessel Documentation makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, U.S. Vessel Documentation does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
This service has not been approved or endorsed by any agency of the government.
[This is not a government sponsored website, but is a private fee-for-service company assisting private vessel owners in seeking registrations, renewals, and other documentation requirement of the National Vessel Documentation Center of the U.S. Coast Guard]
Please be advised that applications submitted over the weekend will be processed the following Monday.
The NVDC requires an annual renewal of all active vessel registrations, which can only be done, each year, one at a time. However, we offer a pre-paid service to you for the next five years to avoid a lapse in registration. We will renew your registration for consecutive five years period with the NVDC and pay all government fees. If you choose for us to renew your registration for anything less than five years, we will do so each year per the number of years selected.

Privacy Policy

Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. The following outlines our privacy policy.

Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and make use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We will make readily available, to customers, information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.

U.S. Vessel Documentation and uscgdocumentation.us are NOT the National Vessel Documentation Center; we are a third party agency that handles U.S. Coast Guard Documentation processing to NVDC.

Copyright 2017 U.S. VESSEL DOCUMENTATION | All Rights Reserved. U.S. Vessel Documentation is NOT the U.S. Coast Guard or the National Vessel Documentation Center; we are a third party agency that handles USCG Documentationprocessing to NVDC.

--
Regards,

Sean Mallos
Billing Department
US Vessel Documentation

Office: (866) 981-8783
Fax: (877) 564-1398
Email: seanrb2rb2@gr5tgr5tuscgdocumentation.us

U.S. VESSEL DOCUMENTATION

Our guidance/advice is predicated only upon the information as submitted. If that information proves imprecise, incorrect, or changes materially, our guidance/advice may change. All application and filing fees are nonrefundable. I understand that my application will be processed in the order in which it was received by U.S. Vessel Documentation. We provide definitive guidance relative to vessel documentation only upon the presentation of materials in accordance with the regulations found in 46 CFR Subpart 67.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any documents,files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, constitute an electronic communication within the scope of the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 USCA 2510. This communication may contain non-public, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated recipient(s). You understand that U.S. Vessel Documentation is not the U.S. Coast Guard or the National Vessel Documentation Center as stated in our website. You understand that U.S. Vessel Documentation does not represent any governmental agency. The unlawful interception, use or disclosure of such information is strictly prohibited pursuant to 18 USCA 2511 and any applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete all copies of this communication, including attachments, without reading them or saving them to disk.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  09:03:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These people are slick and have good lawyers. That's why I'm trying to alert as many people as possible. I sent an email to the CG and they suggest filing a complaint with the Postal Service and Fed. Trade Comm.

4roys

RO# 7262

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  19:32:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Almost fell for this one. The good news is it reminded me to renew and I realized when I tried to contact them with a question they were not the CG. But it was close.

Homeport: Georgetown, MD Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  15:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL. Rich, if you fall for it, then it shows the deception! Can I sue them?

Let's make an example!

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Anchor Management

RO# 32420

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  16:03:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This crap is all over the internet. I have booked hotels through third parties not paying attention. Even when you call they answer "reservation desk". Their websites are very misleading but doubt it is illegal. Caveat Emptor.

-------------------------
2006 52 Searay Sedan Bridge

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Bliss

RO# 2743

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  11:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CS, you can sue just about anyone for just about anything. Results are a different matter.

Homeport: Reef Point Racine, WI Go to Top of Page

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  13:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, the best way to shut these people down is by alerting as many boaters as possible. Pass the word, at your marina, yacht clubs, Power Squadron, CG Aux, here and other boating forums. Complaints to the Fed. Trade Comm and Postal Service won't hurt either

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  17:27:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bliss

CS, you can sue just about anyone for just about anything. Results are a different matter.

It was a joke, 4roys is an attorney and we had some business in the past.

If I sued it wouldn't be for my $49, it would be to shut to bastard down.

I never understood how people who deceive or cheat other people sleep at night.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Apr 25 2017 :  10:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CurrentSea

They got me! Damm it!
I saw it and I knew my renewal was due and I missed it last year.
It sure looked real, even their website is just like Coast Guards.

CurrentSea, check your next renewal date. Because this company sends in your request sooner than the CG asks, I lost a month going from 5/31/17 to 4/30/18

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Apr 25 2017 :  11:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's strange, would think the new certificate would begin upon expiration of the old, no matter when or who applied for it.

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Apr 25 2017 :  14:56:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The renewal has not gone thru yet.
Mine didn't expire until 6/30/17
I check it here

http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/pls/webpls/cgv_pkg.vessel_name_list

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - Apr 25 2017 :  17:32:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both the CG web site and my just received document letter say 4/30/18. My previous expiration date was 5/31/17. I lost a month.
I saw a post in another forum where the boat owner lost two months. That's what made me check mine.

mixman

RO# 25362

Posted - Apr 25 2017 :  21:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This sounds similar to the yellow page, domain name registration, vacation, and insurance scams I receive at my office almost daily. It truly is rather disgusting.

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - May 10 2017 :  11:11:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just bringing this thread back to the top of the page in case anyone missed it the first go around.

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - May 10 2017 :  11:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They nailed a friend of mine.
Same deal, he knew they charged a fee and $75 seemed reasonable.

I did get a email from postmaster general that they were looking into it.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - May 10 2017 :  12:19:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CurrentSea, did you get a full 12 months on your new renewal or did you lose a month or two?

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - May 10 2017 :  14:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting, I don't see where it has been renewed and I don't see my case in work anymore.
I wonder if my email threatening them caused them to cancel it.
Though they still have my $75.

Where are you checking yours?

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Edited by - CurrentSea on May 10 2017 14:29:33

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - May 10 2017 :  14:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found it.
I lost 2 months as well.
Bastards.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - May 10 2017 :  15:31:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I found it.
I lost 2 months as well.
Bastards.

I was afraid of that. I think just about everyone loses one month and more than a few, two months.

Do whatever you can to spread the word...best way to shut them down. Once they realize they are only getting one renewal for every 40-50 reminder letters mailed, they will stop.

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - May 10 2017 :  15:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am fighting with the ahole on email now.
Told him I paid for a 1 year renewal and got 10 months, therefore I want a 2 month refund.
Going back and forth, he keeps referring to his attorney.

Wish I had an attorney in my back pocket who I can throw at him.

Told him we are starting a class action suit!

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Anchor Management

RO# 32420

Posted - May 10 2017 :  15:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am fighting with the ahole on email now.
Told him I paid for a 1 year renewal and got 10 months, therefore I want a 2 month refund.
Going back and forth, he keeps referring to his attorney.

Wish I had an attorney in my back pocket who I can throw at him.

Told him we are starting a class action suit!

If you put it on your credit card, call your CC company and tell them you are disputing the charge. They will take it off your bill. I g=have done this many times when I did not get what I paid for.

-------------------------
2006 52 Searay Sedan Bridge

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - May 10 2017 :  15:57:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did that. I can't take it all off, asking them to take off the over-charge.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - May 11 2017 :  08:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be willing to bet this is some clown working out of his house and has no staff or attorney. call his bluff.

Victorias Secret

RO# 13316

Posted - May 11 2017 :  10:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got that letter this week. It was very official looking, but the wording did not seem right. I called them just to mess with him, after I told him several times he was an unethical crook and was committing mail fraud he hung up on me. The USPS and the USCG need to shut this place down. Looking at the letter I can see how someone would be fooled, but I had a heads up from this site. That alone just paid for my anchor.....

2007 Silverton 38 SportBridge Purchased New 7/09
Totaled by Hurricane Sandy 10-29-2012 RIP
2007 Sea Ray 44 Sedan Bridge Purchased 2-6-2013

cwms

RO# 7357

Posted - May 11 2017 :  11:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Victorias Secret

I got that letter this week. It was very official looking, but the wording did not seem right. I called them just to mess with him, after I told him several times he was an unethical crook and was committing mail fraud he hung up on me. The USPS and the USCG need to shut this place down. Looking at the letter I can see how someone would be fooled, but I had a heads up from this site. That alone just paid for my anchor.....

Glad you didn't fall for it. Spread the word...best way to shut them down is by everyone knowing about this BEFORE they get the letter.

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - May 11 2017 :  13:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best way to shut him down is report him.
He does copy his attorney on his emails.
I looked up the name, it is a legit attorney.
I am sure he has checked and cross checked his approach.
He is doing a service. Its not different than someone waiting on line at DMV to renew your registration.
The issue is he is deceptive.
Rather than saying this a service he tries to make it seem like you are dealing with USCG.
I am suprised you got thru on the phone. All buttons i push are recordings!

You can slam his facebook page too https://www.facebook.com/USCGdocumentation/

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - May 19 2017 :  08:30:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got the letter today. He does in fact state it is a service but you have to read well into the body of the letter to get to that point. Interesting that the business address is Morgantown, W.V., and the letter was post marked Santa Ana, Ca. I think I'll call him today and have some fun with him. It also gives you the five year option for $300! What a deal!

Edited by - Gregory S on May 19 2017 09:14:31

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - May 19 2017 :  11:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess my threats paid off.
I received a $49 credit!!!!!

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - May 19 2017 :  12:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha! I think when I call him with my WV phone number, I'll tell him I'm in Morgantown and would like to come by his "office" and do it in person.

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - May 19 2017 :  12:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually I just realized that the credit was my credit card company
So it may not stick.
I disputed the charge for $49

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - May 19 2017 :  17:51:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I called but all the phone options take you to the website. He doesn't want to talk to us or play. If you go to his Facebook page, lots of bogus reviews from non boaters.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Anyone in a slip with no finger? Topic Next Topic: What systems can I run while on a lift?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.61 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com