BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 51 ]  [ Total: 53 ]  [ Newest Member: stevelinn ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 HRCC - Hudson River & Inland NY waters
 Gas Filled Barge Aground in Catskill
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Let the fun begin Topic Next Topic: The Great Upstate Boat Show, March 31 - April 2  

sierra

RO# 28541

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  18:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just north of Catskill Creek at G121. Actually, on G121

http://cbs6albany.com/news/local/sheriffs-office-gas-filled-barge-runs-aground-in-catskill

Edited by - sierra on Apr 04 2017 18:23:23

Homeport: East Coast, USA

32carv

RO# 24150

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  21:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The presidential candidate is probably disappointed we don't have a leak so that he can blow it out of proportion and create drama. He's worse than the weatherman. Create the dragon so he can slay it.
Jim

Homeport: Sacandaga Lake Go to Top of Page

sierra

RO# 28541

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  07:57:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew there was a reason I was reluctant to post this boating related story even though I thought it would be of interest to Hudson Valley boaters or people familiar with the area. What a shame.

Homeport: East Coast, USA Go to Top of Page

Good Grief

RO# 13137

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  08:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the post, Sierra. Although I boat further south, the barge traffic up there starts further south than my marina . . . so we deal w/ the same barges.

Makes you really wonder what river traffic (and possible mishaps) might look like if the number of barges/barge traffic increases to meet the need of the new proposed barge anchorages in the river! (and unfortunately Jim's right - it is a political football)

-Gene
If you're not a liberal at 20, you don't have a heart. If you're not a conservative at 40, you don't have a brain - Winston Churchill

Homeport: Viking Boat Yard, Verplank NY Go to Top of Page

j-d

RO# 15782

Posted - Apr 06 2017 :  15:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tug was built about eight miles from my home. Right where ICW meets St. Johns River.

God Bless, jd
1996 Sea Ray 215EC
357CID/4V/275HP RWC 1G408541 Alpha1G2 1.62 14-1/2*23*3 Aluminum

Homeport: Sunny Florida Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Let the fun begin Topic Next Topic: The Great Upstate Boat Show, March 31 - April 2  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com