BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: Octavia ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 HRCC - Hudson River & Inland NY waters
 Gas Filled Barge Aground in Catskill
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Let the fun begin Topic Next Topic: The Great Upstate Boat Show, March 31 - April 2  

sierra

RO# 28541

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  18:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just north of Catskill Creek at G121. Actually, on G121

http://cbs6albany.com/news/local/sheriffs-office-gas-filled-barge-runs-aground-in-catskill

Edited by - sierra on Apr 04 2017 18:23:23

Homeport: East Coast, USA

32carv

RO# 24150

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  21:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The presidential candidate is probably disappointed we don't have a leak so that he can blow it out of proportion and create drama. He's worse than the weatherman. Create the dragon so he can slay it.
Jim

Homeport: Sacandaga Lake Go to Top of Page

sierra

RO# 28541

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  07:57:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew there was a reason I was reluctant to post this boating related story even though I thought it would be of interest to Hudson Valley boaters or people familiar with the area. What a shame.

Homeport: East Coast, USA Go to Top of Page

Good Grief

RO# 13137

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  08:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the post, Sierra. Although I boat further south, the barge traffic up there starts further south than my marina . . . so we deal w/ the same barges.

Makes you really wonder what river traffic (and possible mishaps) might look like if the number of barges/barge traffic increases to meet the need of the new proposed barge anchorages in the river! (and unfortunately Jim's right - it is a political football)

-Gene
If you're not a liberal at 20, you don't have a heart. If you're not a conservative at 40, you don't have a brain - Winston Churchill

Homeport: Viking Boat Yard, Verplank NY Go to Top of Page

j-d

RO# 15782

Posted - Apr 06 2017 :  15:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tug was built about eight miles from my home. Right where ICW meets St. Johns River.

God Bless, jd
1996 Sea Ray 215EC
Alpha One GEN II 5.7L/357CID/4V/275HP
14-1/2*23*3 Alum RWC

Homeport: Sunny Florida Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Let the fun begin Topic Next Topic: The Great Upstate Boat Show, March 31 - April 2  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com