BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 83 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 New England Cruising Club
 R I Air Show
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sad News from Lake Champlain Topic Next Topic: Norwalk boat ramp  

PHOENIX

RO# 13088

Posted - May 13 2017 :  17:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking for feedback from anyone who has attended this show in the past. I am planning on going to the R I Airshow next weekend by boat for the first time. It looks like there is an anchorage just north of the airstrip. is that the best place to hang out for the day?
Phoenix
Back Cove 29

Homeport: Bristol, RI

eahearn

RO# 25723

Posted - May 21 2017 :  17:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, just seeing this now. That anchorage looks good though just about anywhere around (North, South or East) is great for watching the show. Just be real careful about the traffic. It can get very tight in there, boats dragging anchor, etc...last time we went we were anchored well East of the runway but had one of the Jets fly over us in a tight turn, the plane oriented completely vertically (ie...port wing pointed straight down) as he flew over us - could see the pilot, cockpit, etc...clear as day. Lots of fun.

2006 Silverton 34 Convertible

Homeport: Portsmouth, RI Go to Top of Page

PHOENIX

RO# 13088

Posted - May 23 2017 :  16:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we were there on Sunday and had a jet fly over us just as you described. got a great video of it. looking forward to next year

Phoenix
Back Cove 29

Homeport: Bristol, RI Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Sad News from Lake Champlain Topic Next Topic: Norwalk boat ramp  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com