BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: luna sea ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Diving Discussions
 Trip to Key Largo
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Where are all the dive shops going?  

Blue21

RO# 32950

Posted - Jun 09 2017 :  14:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a trip to Key Largo with my Brother and Son (newbie diver) planned for later this month. Can I get a referral for a good dive shop. My son has taken the course work here and will take the practicum in Key Largo. Any info about shops that will rent equipment so we can beach dive, boat rental, maps of must do dives, etc. It would be much appreciated. My brother and I learned to dive pre-teen in the waters between K.L. and Rodriguez Key.This is are first time back in a while. We do not like cattle boats or scary divers. Much prefer to take our time.
Please advise.

Homeport: MO

missnmountains

RO# 22737

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  08:22:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be aware that most if not all of the dive boats in Key Largo do not provide a dive master. The captain will take you to what ever location out on the reef. You and your dive buddy are on your own once you get there.

We typically stay at marina del mar. There are quite a few dive boats that leave from there. Blue Water Divers at the very end of the marina only takes out around six divers.

Ken

2008 58 Sedan Bridge

Homeport: Cape Coral, FL Go to Top of Page
  Topic Next Topic: Where are all the dive shops going?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.3 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com