BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: Devocean35 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Formula Owners
 PORT SHIFT ALARM GUARDIAN MODE
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Steering play  

Idocdes

RO# 13261

Posted - Jul 04 2017 :  07:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had previously submitted to this forum an issue with Starboard shift alarm, on my 2011 34PC, which was able to be corrected.
I have currently run into a problem with my Port Side/Engine and was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue. Upon returning to dock (boat ran fine, actually returned home at idle speed(low tide/5mph zone) I received a Port Shift Alarm, which resulted in the engines going into Guardian Mode (idle speed only). The engine even will stall out. Upon turning the engine off and back on the alarm goes off until I try to put the engine in gear and then the scenario repeats. Mechanic to a quick peek at the boat but did not see anything. Went to use the boat again and upon start up boat ran fine until entering destination marina (idle speed) and the same issue occurred?
Any one have a simailar issue or suggestions?
David S.

Homeport: Massapequa,NY

j-d

RO# 15782

Posted - Jul 04 2017 :  11:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is way above my pay grade, but I think anybody with the skill to help, is going to need more details about the power plants in question. Year, Make, Size, Type of Drive, Type of Controls. I surmise the Boat is a Formula, and the Power is MerC-Something...

God Bless, jd
1996 Sea Ray 215EC
357CID/4V/275HP RWC 1G408541 Alpha1G2 1.62 14-1/2*23*3 Aluminum

Homeport: Sunny Florida Go to Top of Page

Idocdes

RO# 13261

Posted - Jul 05 2017 :  07:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My bad. Formula 2011 34PC with twin Mercruiser 496/Bravo 3, DTS and Axius.

David S.

Homeport: Massapequa,NY Go to Top of Page
  Topic Next Topic: Steering play  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com