BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 122 ]  [ Total: 128 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Middle plexiglass windshield for Carver 3227 3227
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: New to forum - Just purchased a 2000 440 Trojan Topic Next Topic: Post your Carver pictures!!!  

coastie856

RO# 32870

Posted - Nov 13 2017 :  20:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1985 3227 and the center part of the flying bridge plexiglass is missing. it is the part that has a bend in the center. Don't know if the PO took it off for visibility or what. The original is smoked but I don't care if it is clear. Anyone know where I could find a replacement? I was thinking of getting some 1/4 inch plexiglass and and bending it in the middle with a heat gun on low.

Homeport: NH

eric_b

RO# 33482

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  15:55:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That should work. The plexiglass (Lexan) windscreen on my 86' 3227 was still in good shape when I sold her, so I did not have to do that. I think the curve would be a complex cure as it is more pronounced at the top edge, than the lower edge.

2001 Formula 37/40 PC twin 8.2L MPI Bluewaters
1986 Carver 32 Convertible (SOLD)

Homeport: Marblehead, OH Go to Top of Page

jtybt15

RO# 3300

Posted - Jan 26 2018 :  15:09:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try Tap Plastic

Charlie

There is much to be said, in a world like ours, for taking the world as you find it and fishing with a worm.-Bliss Perry, 1904

Homeport: Ca Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: New to forum - Just purchased a 2000 440 Trojan Topic Next Topic: Post your Carver pictures!!!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com