BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 125 ]  [ Total: 131 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Bay Area Boat Shows
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Delta Coves Topic Next Topic: Any Discovery Bay boaters?  

ginman

RO# 30983

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  15:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What happened to the great bay area boat shows? I sure miss the big Cow Palace (which moved to the Alameda County Fairgrounds for a few years) show, along with the spring and fall Jack London Square shows. I know when the economy tanked 10 years ago, it pretty much killed boating for a while. With things apparently on the mend, you'd think something could come back. Seattle and So Cal still have big shows along with many on the east coast. With the bay area being one of the most affluent places on the planet, you'd think one of the big shows could return. SF had a show for a year or two but imagine a, for the most part, in the water show in the middle of winter was not the best idea.

Homeport: Clayton, CA

deltabighat

RO# 14904

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  22:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree.....building and selling boats of all kinds has to be tough sledding. Prices are nuts. For the past 30 years I have owned Chevy Suburbans. Looked at a new one the other day and it was right at 80,000...unbelievable

"the only time the boat has too much fuel is when its on fire"

Homeport: Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Delta Coves Topic Next Topic: Any Discovery Bay boaters?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com