BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 168 ]  [ Total: 170 ]  [ Newest Member: john kalinowski ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 carver 500 CPMY 1996
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Carver 53Voyager,the good,the bad & i hope noUgly! Topic Next Topic: Cockpit yhact 500  

wetbar

RO# 33766

Posted - Apr 03 2018 :  17:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey I have a 1996 Carver 500 cockpit motor yacht. The tub in the front head is leaking from the faucet. It does not leak or anything but when you turn on the shower nothing comes out of the shower, but you can hear it pouring under the floor. I can not figure out how to get under the sink to make repairs. I have called Carver and they did not know either. I have looked in the engine room and in every cabinet for a trap door, with no luck. Any clue how to make this repair?

Homeport: NC

cmariner32

RO# 7269

Posted - Apr 04 2018 :  00:01:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe its just me, but you say at first the tub is leaking from the faucet, then ya say it does not leak or anything that seems to be a contradiction. If you you mean that when you turn the handle to go from the tub spout to the shower, or lift the tub spout diverter knob to switch to the shower mode, the problem is in the diverter or the "tree" from the tub spout to the shower head. It sounds like something has come loose in the plumbing. You need to find the access panel behind the tub fixture. Depending on the installation, you may be able to access it from the tub side. I have found over the many years and on my 3rd Carver, that they are actually well designed with a thought given to future service. I'm surprised that Carver was not able to be of assistance. There used to be a guy...Mr. Brown...I forget his first name, was really sharp and knew the ins and outs of just about every model. If you can't solve the problem on your own, you might wanna make a 2nd call to Carver. As an after thought, if the tub spout has been replaced with a "fit-all" spout, it is quite common for the rubber grommet on the spout where it connects to the tree to fail and just dump water to wherever instead of diverting it to the shower head-I would strongly encourage you to check that first. I have personal experience with those damn "fit-all' spouts...and it has never been good.

The only thing that works on an old boat.....is the Owner.

Edited by - cmariner32 on Apr 04 2018 00:06:57

Homeport: Clearwater/St. Pete Florida Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Carver 53Voyager,the good,the bad & i hope noUgly! Topic Next Topic: Cockpit yhact 500  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com