BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 8 | Guests: 84 ]  [ Total: 92 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Kohler 6.5 kw generator in Carver 325
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Where to get Carver & Volvo decals Topic Next Topic: Mariner replacement ladder  

jgrothe

RO# 31650

Posted - Jul 01 2018 :  19:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My generator has 200 hours total time. It had been running, underload for about an hour and it shut down. I am able to restart, but will only run while I hold the start switch down. New impeller 5 hours ago, and I have good flow out the exhaust. Oil clean/full, coolant full. Normally as you start the gen the engine starts, then you can hear what I believe is a relay close...then you can release the start switch and power is available. It starts fine, but I am not hearing that relay close, so it dies as soon as I release the start switch.

Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.
OK

Homeport: MN
  Previous Topic: Where to get Carver & Volvo decals Topic Next Topic: Mariner replacement ladder  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com