BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 125 ]  [ Total: 126 ]  [ Newest Member: dentray ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Small watercraft ID?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Anyone have their Radar Arch hinged? Topic Next Topic: Crazy race  

BJL

RO# 1308

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  16:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hard to describe but I'll try.....looked like a real small cat hull, seat in the middle and outboard on the rear. Driver sits in the middle and looked like it had throttle and tiller (one on each side). Saw it in Estero Bay and would love to know what it was. Anyone know what I'm trying to describe?
Work is something I do between fishing trips!

Homeport: Boynton Beach, Florida

Radioactive

RO# 3238

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  18:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps Pascal night have an idea...

Bill

"No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Bonzai
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame

Homeport: MS Gulf Coast Go to Top of Page

Bill D.

RO# 150

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  19:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe https://craigcat.com/

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it." Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956)
PETA now selling "I hate Bill D." T-shirts

Homeport: Gulf Shores, Alabama Go to Top of Page

BJL

RO# 1308

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  20:22:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, def craigcat. Found it used in a tour in Fort Myers (which is where we saw it). Looked like fun....Thanks!

Edited by - BJL on Aug 10 2018 20:38:39

Homeport: Boynton Beach, Florida Go to Top of Page

November Charlie

RO# 824

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  23:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BJL

Estero Bay, CA?

My signature line is cooler than your signature line.

Homeport: Northwest Go to Top of Page

Bill D.

RO# 150

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  08:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barbara, I got to run one once a few years back. Fun little craft, very stable. When Ann wanted a jet-ski I convinced her a small craft would be more versatile and give her more use. I considered the CraigCat, but in the end went with a BW Sport 13'. Still given a choice between a jetski and the CraigCat I would take the cat in a second.

BTW--My daughter lives down there by y'all, Boynton, and I was recently down helping her move to a new apt. Anyway, I owe y'all lunch after all the help you offered when my sister lost her leg. Next time I'm down I'll try and get in touch.

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it." Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Edited by - Bill D. on Aug 11 2018 08:29:17

BJL

RO# 1308

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  09:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

BTW--My daughter lives down there by y'all, Boynton, and I was recently down helping her move to a new apt. Anyway, I owe y'all lunch after all the help you offered when my sister lost her leg. Next time I'm down I'll try and get in touch.

[/quote]
You don't owe us anything......it's always nice to be able to help someone out when they need it. (but it would be nice to meet you and your daughter too!!) Hope she's doing well!!

BJL

RO# 1308

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  09:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill D.

Barbara, I got to run one once a few years back. Fun little craft, very stable. When Ann wanted a jet-ski I convinced her a small craft would be more versatile and give her more use. I considered the CraigCat, but in the end went with a BW Sport 13'. Still given a choice between a jetski and the CraigCat I would take the cat in a second.

Thanks Bill! You don't owe us anything but would be nice to meet you and your daughter and hope she's doing well! Where in Boynton is she?

Edited by - BJL on Aug 11 2018 09:21:41

Bill D.

RO# 150

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  10:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Where in Boynton is she?"

North Federal Hwy. a little south of 23rd ave. near where N. Old Dixie Hwy intersects Federal.

Bill D.

RO# 150

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  10:16:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back to the Craig.. When I ran it the water was almost flat and it was a short ride. For some reason they made the boat to run with no tilt (full down). It had a splash shield forward, but I suspect it's a wet ride at times, but who cares in warm water/hot days. I did not look over the construction as the guy whose boat it was wanted to take it out and leave for his house. Anyway, depending on what someone use might be I would rent on for a day to test the thing out. I just don't know of any other boat to compare it to.

BJL

RO# 1308

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  12:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We weren't planning on purchasing but they give a tour on it around the bay in Fort Myers. Guide drives one and you follow in your own. Water is real flat and we thought it would be fun next time we're there.

Previous Topic: Anyone have their Radar Arch hinged? Topic Next Topic: Crazy race  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.42 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com