BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 183 ]  [ Total: 187 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 Running wires to Bridge on a 3780
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Screen Replacement on 2001 3780 Topic Next Topic: Regal 402 Commodore Horn  

bodkin creek george

RO# 32828

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  14:56:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Help. Need to run wires from radar arch to bridge on a 3780.

George
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Homeport: Md.

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  17:35:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You gain access to the bridge via the port side. Remove the access panel under the port overhang and the light switch panel for the outdoor lights.
Lift and remove the vinyl panel on port side of bridge to gain more access toward the dash. You can send a tape snake from the dash toward the light switch. Once there it's easy to get to the bridge.

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

Smooth seas never made a skillful mariner.

Homeport: Patchogue,NY Go to Top of Page

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  17:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You gain access to the bridge via the port side. Remove the access panel under the port overhang and the light switch panel for the outdoor lights.
Lift and remove the vinyl panel on port side of bridge to gain more access toward the dash. You can send a tape snake from the dash toward the light switch. Once there it's easy to get to the bridge.

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

bodkin creek george

RO# 32828

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  17:59:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help. We just got the boat 2 weeks ago and are still learning about it. Planning on new bridge enclosure and cabin flooring this winter. The Cummins Diesels got a clean bill of health from the surveyor. That's a plus. Going to install a camera to eliminate the starboard side blind spot when docking. I have owned many boats in my 73 years but this is the first bridge boat. We live on the water on the Chesapeake Bay and boat just here as well. Thanks again. I am sure to have more questions and I am sure you have most of the answers having the same boat.
George

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Homeport: Md. Go to Top of Page

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  21:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best of luck to you George. I purchased my boat new in 2001 and have been through the entire boat and hopefully can lend a hand if needed.

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Aug 30 2018 :  11:32:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am on my second 4080 (same boat, sandy took first one).
I have a camera for blindspot, always wanted it on first 4080, never got it, came on this boat, never use it.
Reason is it is hard to judge looking at a camera.
If you know you will fit, then just look down the stairs and use that side.
If you ever tried to dock by camera you will see, it is not easy, especially if it is reverse image.
Save your money and invest in a good dock hand and some fenders!!

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Screen Replacement on 2001 3780 Topic Next Topic: Regal 402 Commodore Horn  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 15.84 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com