BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 126 ]  [ Newest Member: dentray ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Silverton Owners
 2006 Silverton 45C Volvo D9 500 HP engines
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Seeking manuals 1988 Silverton 37 motor yacht  

dentray

RO# 34084

Posted - Oct 22 2018 :  08:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking to buy a Silverton 45C, with Volvo Penta D9 500 HP engines with 400 hours. Can anyone please give me information on the cruise and max speed of these engines and the GPH. Also any pros and cons for the vessel will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dennis
dennis traynor

Homeport: NJ

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Oct 22 2018 :  18:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine is for sale
2007 45c D9 500HP
470 hours

Cruise is 23 to 25 mph (wind and current the factor)
Max Speed 27 to 30 mph (wind and current the factor)
GPH
at cruise 34 gallons an hour
WOT 65 gallons an hour.
Walter

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Oct 22 2018 :  19:10:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 45C is a great boat, all components that need service are easily accessible. In 6 seasons of ownership I have yet to find a WTF. The boat is extremely sea worthy and a very comfortable vessel. Handling the boat around the dock is great, the weight and torque of the motors allows you to dock in ease in the worst conditions. I am selling mine because my kids are grown, and we don't use the boat as it should be used. My children have their own lives now and are spread apart, so having this beast to accommodate a family seems silly. I will say though, even if I don't use this boat, I just love owning her, she is pretty and a perfect boat.

The power is more than this boat needs, but with that said, they had an option for D12 motors, OMG, this boat with d12 motors is a rocket ship, super fast! Downfall is working on those motors, very tight quarters in the engine room. With the D9 motors, you have plenty of room. Point is D12 motors will cost you more going forward.

Me, when I boat, the ride is my pleasure, not the destination. The longer I am at the helm, the happier I am.

Walter

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Oct 26 2018 :  02:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walter, your joy in ownership makes me happy too!

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page
  Topic Next Topic: Seeking manuals 1988 Silverton 37 motor yacht  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.3 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com