BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 131 ]  [ Total: 133 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 Pumps and hot water heater
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Information on 2001 3780 Regal. Topic Next Topic: Screen Removal  

bodkin creek george

RO# 32828

Posted - Oct 25 2018 :  18:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Need to know the location of A/C water pump, House water pump and hot water heater in my 2001 3780 Regal.
Thanks George
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Homeport: Md.

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Oct 25 2018 :  21:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both the a/c and domestic water pumps are located beneath the center storage area in the middle of the salon. Open the door then remove the white access hatch toward the stern.
Water heater is located in the engine room on the port side up against the firewall.

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

Smooth seas never made a skillful mariner.

Homeport: Patchogue,NY Go to Top of Page

bodkin creek george

RO# 32828

Posted - Oct 26 2018 :  09:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Gary Still getting used to this boat. I imagine you have the answers since you have owned yours a long time. I appreciate your taking the time to help. There is a pump that is visible with a line going into a tank. Is that the water tank? Also if I reach up under the compartment storage I can feel a pump running when the A/C unit is on. I assume this is the A/C pump.
Two questions. Is there only one A/C pump? If that is it how do you access it? Also any tricks to an easy way to service the filter on the forward A/C unit.

Homeport: Md. Go to Top of Page

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Oct 26 2018 :  13:37:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I purchased the boat new in 2001 and I have certainly been through all the systems at least once!

The A/C Pump is mounted to the bulkhead, and there is only one. There is a TEE, coming out, to provide to both units. Getting to it, is a royal PITA. I changed mine a few years ago and ended up removing the aft wall of the cabinet. Made access much easier.

No easy way to clean forward A/C filter, other than lifting the mattress. I do it once yearly, so it's a good way to clean under there anyway.

The tank that you see through the mid salon hatch, is the waste tank. The pump which is mounted on a stringer is the fresh water pump. There is a filter attached, which requires cleaning every year. It is often a source of leaks!

The fresh water tank can be viewed via the floor hatch in the forward bedroom. You can view the fill line, and that's it. To gain access to the float switch and pickup tube, you will need to remove the bottom step, going up from the galley. There are hidden screws in the carpet.

Best of luck to you.

Gary

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Oct 26 2018 :  19:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you can access the forward AC filter if you remove the 2 drawers under the v berth.
That is how I do it but I have a 2009 4080

2020 Cobia 280DC

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Oct 26 2018 :  21:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't reach the unit by removing the draws. It's really quite simple to simply lift the mattress once yearly.
The design and shape of the bed is different on the older models.

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

Edited by - Kellyg on Oct 26 2018 21:12:03

bodkin creek george

RO# 32828

Posted - Oct 29 2018 :  12:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information Guys. Gary since you have the exact same boat it is really great info you have stored in your head. I am a retired Elevator Mechanic and have had boats since I was seven. Do most of my own work and Ran Diesels off and on years ago working on charter and crab boats. All of my boats have been gas and this is my first pair of diesels to own. I will try not to be a royal PIA with questions about the boats systems. One thing that does concern me is that I have always used air to blow out my water lines in the winter. This boat has pex fittings and I worry about that.
Plus The runs are longer and split more than my 37 SeaRay. Will probably drain water heater and then by pass. Blow out lines with very low pressure then add pink. I never have used house water except for washing. Thanks for all the advice. Thanks George

Homeport: Md. Go to Top of Page

Kellyg

RO# 19800

Posted - Oct 29 2018 :  13:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George,

I do exactly the same thing to flush the fresh water side.
I first drain the water heater, (I do not bypass, as it's a tough location to reach),then attach the compressor and maintain 55lbs of pressure. It does take sometime, but much better than using the non-tox. A compressor with a large storage tank, is preferred and much quicker.
Be certain to turn on the icemaker, while pressurizing the system, or manually rotate the system to cycle, which will enable clearing of the lines.

I also use the compressor to clear the A/C systems when on the hard.

Gary
Mt. Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
2002 Striper 2101DC

Previous Topic: Information on 2001 3780 Regal. Topic Next Topic: Screen Removal  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com