BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 244 ]  [ Total: 247 ]  [ Newest Member: Tolly34ss ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 In over his head?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: USCG documentation is could be for 5 years Topic Next Topic: SpaceX Water Landing Cape Canaveral  

32carv

RO# 24150

Posted - Dec 12 2018 :  22:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The article portrays this guy as a free spirit who has run into some bad luck. Not sure I agree.
Jim

http://seaislenews.com/beached-sailor-makes-repairs-hopes-reach-key-west/

Homeport: Sacandaga Lake

Brian N

RO# 3970

Posted - Dec 12 2018 :  22:59:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He sounds like a dope...sorry...

Homeport: Somewhere in the woods, NH Go to Top of Page

psalzer

RO# 4570

Posted - Dec 13 2018 :  06:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“Go fund me”! You have got to be kidding, get a JOB and fund yourself!

Pete

Edited by - psalzer on Dec 13 2018 06:02:38

Homeport: Fayetteville, Ga Go to Top of Page

Good Grief

RO# 13137

Posted - Dec 13 2018 :  07:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dunno - Leaving Boston, grounding TWICE and he hasn't cleared Cape May . . . Oh, and no funds to support the trip? +1, Brian. Just wait till he gets to the flats!

-Gene
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Homeport: Viking Boat Yard, Verplank NY Go to Top of Page

Phillbo

RO# 2553

Posted - Dec 13 2018 :  14:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'just keep the dirt to the right"... sounds like he spends more time with the dirt under his keel...

You know you're a loser when the tow company wants you out of their area :)

Homeport: Arizona Go to Top of Page

JVM225

RO# 28365

Posted - Dec 13 2018 :  16:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, let me see if I got this straight:
Able bodied 40 year old is collecting unemployment benefits and instead of looking for work he has embarked on a “winter sojourn” to Key West so he can “relax and rest up in the semi-tropical climate before heading back to Boston next spring“ and he expects strangers to chip in some cash to help this all come about.
Does that sound about right?
If so, then my response to this lazy POS is to grow up and get a F’en job.

2002 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer
95 Eastern 22'
05 Maxum 18' Bowrider
C6 Corvette Convertible
68 GTO

Homeport: Farmingdale NY Go to Top of Page

easttnboater

RO# 23415

Posted - Dec 14 2018 :  08:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best thing that could happen is that he does not get the funding to continue his "journey". He will end up needing the help of the CG and putting others at risk.

Homeport: Johnson City, TN Go to Top of Page

Bill D.

RO# 150

Posted - Dec 14 2018 :  09:08:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember the couple in Florida that bought a sailboat and quickly ran aground and sank it. They got a 'gofundme' account that more than covered their boat and supplies cost and some idiot gave them his boat. Hell, it seems in todays world being lazy and stupid pays very well...……..

http://www.tampabay.com/news/Couple-whose-dream-boat-sank-gets-a-bigger-better-boat-for-a-buck_165898742

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it." Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956)
PETA now selling "I hate Bill D." T-shirts

Edited by - Bill D. on Dec 14 2018 09:22:00

Homeport: Gulf Shores, Alabama Go to Top of Page

32carv

RO# 24150

Posted - Dec 14 2018 :  23:24:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to place some of the blame on the people who choose to support this behavior and donate their hard earned dollars. It’s a symptom of the current snowflake mindset that everyone should be protected, ignoring the fact that in general, people should suffer the consequences of their actions.
Jim

Homeport: Sacandaga Lake Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: USCG documentation is could be for 5 years Topic Next Topic: SpaceX Water Landing Cape Canaveral  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com