BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 184 ]  [ Total: 184 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 New England Cruising Club
 Newport RI Marina Recommendations?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Maine sight seeing Topic Next Topic: Rant about boats headed to Old Saybrook  

abalmuth

RO# 13885

Posted - Jan 12 2019 :  08:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, so I have a new to me boat & I have the need to re-explore some of the eastern stomping ground this season. Since things are in a constant change what I once knew as an ok or great places, maybe unpleasant today
So for starters lets Talk Newport RI in the past I’ve stayed at Newport Shipyard, nice place but a little far from the town core and whatever size boat you go with you’ll be a dink compared to the others.
Also stayed at Bannister's Wharf, Great location but when there many years ago the docks were rough.
So for those that may have been there over the last year or two any feedback?
Carver Voyager 530 with Volvo 122's/610HP
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........

Homeport: Huntington/Greenport, NY

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jan 12 2019 :  09:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.newportmarina.com

We stayed here a couple of years ago, nice clean place, outdoor pool and BBQ grills.I would stay here again.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

TheoMD

RO# 15854

Posted - Jan 12 2019 :  17:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would also second Newport Marina. Have stayed there multiple times. Close to everything. Pool and outside BBQ grills nice. Steve the dockmaster keeps everything fastidiously clean. There is an abutting parking lot which is nice as we had friends/family drive down and spend the day and parking/access was plentiful and easy.

Homeport: Cotuit, MA Go to Top of Page

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Jan 12 2019 :  23:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.newporthotel.com/

Was very nice and somewhat reasonable for the area.

Dave

“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.” – T.S. Elliotcommon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1996 440 Trojan Express

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

PHOENIX

RO# 13088

Posted - Jan 15 2019 :  20:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Newport Hotel and Marina is in an excellent location and has very nice amenities. of course, very expensive as well but most of Newport is. Last year I tried the Newport Yacht club. Not nearly the amenities as the Hotel and Marina but a little quieter as it is down in the corner of the harbor and a little cheaper. People were nice and docks were in very good condition. If you want to be right in the middle of all the action, consider Bowen's Wharf.

Phoenix
Back Cove 29

Homeport: Bristol, RI Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Maine sight seeing Topic Next Topic: Rant about boats headed to Old Saybrook  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com