BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 194 ]  [ Total: 199 ]  [ Newest Member: john kalinowski ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Marine Air 3 dial control replacement
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: New to forum - Just purchased a 2000 440 Trojan  

marykhubby

RO# 25522

Posted - Mar 14 2019 :  23:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1982 3607ac

Replacing the old 3dial Manual HVAC controls with electronic Dometic Passport I/O displays.
Need to specify if these are: Self-contained or Split-Gas (central) type of HVAC units.

My gut tells me they are Self-contained units, but wanted to bounce this off the experts before I spend big $ on the wrong animal...

Also, an Airrrr control box exists inside the galley cabinet, reflecting model# 2-6RP, separate from all 3 of the air conditioning units (berth, salon, fwd berth). Would this be the water pump control box, or ?

Thx
Don
DOCK'ed WAGE$

Homeport: MI

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Mar 15 2019 :  10:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Each of my three units had a control panel. The pump was controlled by any one of the three units IIRC and I think they each had a relay box. Have you looked at the makers website for wiring diagram. IIRC the only thing they shared was the pump.

Bruce

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page

marykhubby

RO# 25522

Posted - Mar 15 2019 :  21:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thx Bruce

Owned this Carver for 16yrs now, nursing these AC controls for the duration, overdue to correct the issue (controls smolder on fwd berth if salon kicks breaker, or startup sequence is not followed). I need this system to be safe in all situations - donít need a fire when I have other family members using my boat.

Still looking for answers to above 2 original questions...
Don

DOCK'ed WAGE$

Homeport: MI Go to Top of Page
  Topic Next Topic: New to forum - Just purchased a 2000 440 Trojan  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com