BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 189 ]  [ Total: 189 ]  [ Newest Member: Jim_In_Calif ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 LICC - Long Island Cruising Club
 Chrome reconditioning
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Looking for a Volvo Diesel Tech Topic Next Topic: Loving our new homeport!  

BillyK

RO# 24466

Posted - Jun 07 2019 :  06:40:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Are there any chrome plating businesses on Long Island or nearby. I have a couple of leads that need shipping, but all are a good distance away. I'm sure the heavy metal laws have something to do with it, but someone might know a shop.
Thanks,

Billy K.
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Homeport: Patchogue, N.Y.

littlebookworm

RO# 27413

Posted - Jun 07 2019 :  12:01:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked for a shop when I wanted to rechrome the wheels on my wife's car. There are none locally. Pollution laws and the switch to plastic bumpers put them out of business. I heard of one in Connecticut but haven't been able to find it. Most of the remaining chrome shops are out west, requiring shipping and a major cost. It's sometimes cheaper to simply replace rather than rechrome. Hy

Homeport: New Rochelle, NY Go to Top of Page

JVM225

RO# 28365

Posted - Jun 07 2019 :  13:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See if Nassau Chromium Plating is still around in Mineola. I never used them, but I knew some guys who had stuff for their bikes done by them a few years ago.
There was also a place on Willoughby in Bushwick that a few guys I know were happy with. I think the name was Wilco. Not sure if they are still around.
I never used them either but a friend had his bumpers for his 56 Caddy done by them and although he was initially happy, the Chrome deteriorated after a couple of years and needs to be done again.
Iíve heard there is a place in Newark that is supposed to be pretty good but donít know the name.
What Iíve done in the past is bring pieces to Donís East Coast Restoration in Lindenhurst and let him send them out. He does high end classic car restorations and the chrome places he sends stuff to are top notch.

2002 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer
95 Eastern 22'
05 Maxum 18' Bowrider
C6 Corvette Convertible
68 GTO

Edited by - JVM225 on Jun 07 2019 14:03:42

Homeport: Farmingdale NY Go to Top of Page

Surfveyor

RO# 33510

Posted - Jun 07 2019 :  15:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nassau Chromium Plating in Mineola came highly recommended to me. I stopped at their place a year ago with a small marine hatch latch I wanted to re-chrome that is not made anymore. It was going to cost a lot of money because of a minimum setup. Been looking for others who needed the same so the parts could be done at the same time. Send me a note at surfveyor at aol. Hopefully we can get together.

Edited by - Surfveyor on Jun 07 2019 15:23:41

Homeport: NY Go to Top of Page

JVM225

RO# 28365

Posted - Jun 12 2019 :  21:03:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw an ad on Craigslist for a place in Bellmore that does Chrome.
http://www.4chrome.com/

2002 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer
95 Eastern 22'
05 Maxum 18' Bowrider
C6 Corvette Convertible
68 GTO

Homeport: Farmingdale NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Looking for a Volvo Diesel Tech Topic Next Topic: Loving our new homeport!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com