BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 212 ]  [ Total: 217 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Buy and Sell - Free
 Classifieds - NO commercial listings please
 1979 Trojan F-36 $21k OBO SOLD!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: coaming bolsters repair/replacement Topic Next Topic: Regal Majestic 207 XL for Sale $3500 Best Offer  

Bruce Herrington

RO# 2612

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  11:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After 7 wonderful years with Grace, we decided to downsize, prepare for retirement, and buy a smaller boat to haul the grandkids and their water toys in.

An ad with pics is on craig’s list & boat trader.

The boat is a 36 footer with a 13’ beam; twin FWC Crusader 454’s at 350 HP each. We’ve put between 500 - 600 hours on it. The hour meters show 900 and 1300, but I’m sure that includes time on the original Chrysler engines, replaced in 2002, per previous owner.

Replaced the old points/distributor with Davis D.U.I. distributor; replaced carb on port engine and fuel pump.

Both Borg Warner Velvet Drive trannys have been rebuilt with the past 7 years, starboard one just 4 years ago.

Both 16k BTU AC units work very well.

Boat’s in very good running condition and looks good too. The cockpit has been painted and all the canvas replaced 11/17.

Typing all this on a phone is a pain, will add more when I get to a computer.

No reasonable offer refused. I plan to sell the boat to the first person who genuinely wants it.

Cell #252-207-2400
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - Bruce Herrington on Jul 23 2019 16:16:57

Homeport: Cape Coral, FL

Bruce Herrington

RO# 2612

Posted - Jul 14 2019 :  06:28:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far all inquiries received have been from craig’s list; the 2 sites I paid to advertise on have rendered nothing.

If the boat passes the wife test today and the engines pass compression test tomorrow, boat will be sold.

Thanks to each of the 69, uh 72, folks who read the ad on BE.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - Bruce Herrington on Jul 14 2019 06:34:59

Homeport: Cape Coral, FL Go to Top of Page

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Jul 14 2019 :  21:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best of luck with the sale and the future boat!

Dave

“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.” – T.S. Elliotcommon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1996 440 Trojan Express

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Bruce Herrington

RO# 2612

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  05:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks; it passed the wife test yesterday. :-)

RWS

RO# 25075

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  23:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope she goes to a good home

RWS

1983 Trojan International 10 Meter
Twin Yanmar 315 Turbodiesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

Homeport: FL Go to Top of Page

Bruce Herrington

RO# 2612

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  06:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, trying to make that happen. Buyer backed out, must have scared him off explaining the amount of work required to keep a ‘79 in this condition.

In his defense, he’d never owned a boat this size before.

Bruce Herrington

RO# 2612

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  16:14:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sold the boat today. I heard that the happiest days were the day you bought a boat and the day you sold it. But, I feel kinda sad; the ol' girl ran great.

VTBoater

RO# 30718

Posted - Jul 26 2019 :  13:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on the sale! Just wanted to pass on my experience in case it helps anyone learn something.
So I could not accept being done boating yet and bought a 1990 Regal Commodore 265 in May. Thought it was pretty turn key, no such thing on an older boat. Thought I could sleep on it and like it, it was way more difficult to deal with a small boat again than I thought (after owning a 37 aft cabin). We spent one night on it and had it for sale the next day. It is now sold.

Boatless

Homeport: Colchester, VT Go to Top of Page

Bruce Herrington

RO# 2612

Posted - Jul 27 2019 :  06:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, VT.

I can see how going to a smaller cruiser can make you miss the larger boat, but our reasons for owning a twin engine cruiser no longer exist.

The 23’ CC with a single OB suits us just fine.

Edited by - Bruce Herrington on Jul 27 2019 06:21:33

Previous Topic: coaming bolsters repair/replacement Topic Next Topic: Regal Majestic 207 XL for Sale $3500 Best Offer  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com