BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 192 ]  [ Total: 198 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 HRCC - Hudson River & Inland NY waters
 Vacation 2019
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Beautiful weekend Topic Next Topic: A beaut weekend  

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  12:23:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Left July 3, spent the first few days at Bruce & Johnson's marina in Danford. A very nice, clean marina with a beautiful pool and a great restaurant. Fun to dink up the river to Stony Creek Brewery. Unfortunately, the Lobster Shack is gone..

Headed over to Block in very snotty seas.
The Race was like a washing machine and we bounced like crazy.

Spent a week at Champlins. Did well clammimg, squidding was terrible!

After Block, went over to Greenport and stayed at Townsend Marina. Heard a great band at Mitchell Park on Monday night, after lobsters at Claudios.

Came to Essex Island Marina yesterday, perfect travel weather. Unlimited visibility and flat seas. Ate dinner at the Gris last night. Food was outstanding! Heading out on dink to Selden Creek today

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Edited by - HOGAN on Aug 13 2019 11:46:50

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  20:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a great trip!
There was a good band last week as well the crowd filled the park!
We had a great trip as well wish it could have been longer but life tends to get I the way.

Dave

“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.” – T.S. Elliotcommon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1996 440 Trojan Express

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Jul 21 2019 :  16:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ran into me at Greenport!
I walked by the boat and said, I know that boat.
Got to take a tour and see the new hardtop!
Good seeing you Mike!

2020 Cobia 280DC

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Jul 21 2019 :  20:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see you Dave. Hope your trip back was OK.

From Essex, we went to the Brewer's at Stratford. Very nice marina, great dock staff, good restaurant on premises. Only downside was the biting flies.

Nice ride home today.

A great 17 days!

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Victorias Secret

RO# 13316

Posted - Jul 21 2019 :  23:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back!!!!

2007 Silverton 38 SportBridge Purchased New 7/09
Totaled by Hurricane Sandy 10-29-2012 RIP
2007 Sea Ray 44 Sedan Bridge Purchased 2-6-2013

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  08:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HOGAN

Good to see you Dave. Hope your trip back was OK.

From Essex, we went to the Brewer's at Stratford. Very nice marina, great dock staff, good restaurant on premises. Only downside was the biting flies.

Nice ride home today.

A great 17 days!

Sounds awesome!
Hope to do that some day, need wife to retire.
I am, she isn't!

Yeah, we pulled out on my friends boat at 5:15AM. Had to sneak past your pulpit, was really sticking out! Went slow on one outdrive till we got to the lock. Started up other motor and locked thru, got fuel, it was now about 8:30.

Continued the slow boat through south shore, starting it up for bridges. After the last bridge we started it up and ran it full speed, but it started to get loud and we were concerned drive could damage the motor. So shut it down.

We pulled into dock around 1:15.

So 8 hours on water, but uneventful and we accomplished what we planned to do.

Boat got hauled and it is upper part of outdrive. Covered under his warranty.

Sorry for the long post, you asked! LOL

Good seeing you, Bill DeWall!!!

2020 Cobia 280DC

Edited by - CurrentSea on Jul 22 2019 08:48:33

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

WALSHIE

RO# 2124

Posted - Aug 13 2019 :  10:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's our vacation:
- Saturday stayed at Norwalk Cove Marina, took an uber into town and ate at Donovans, an Irish pub. I loved my steak, wife had fish and chips, girls had pasta dishes, all were happy. They had a nice coffee shop for the morning and we had a quick drink with friends before shoving off to Greenport
- Sunday,Monday,Tuesday we docked at Brewers Stirling, Townsend was full! Our first time in Greenport and now I see why people prefer Townsend, much closer to town. We did walk and uber into town a few times, it was good. The restaurant on site is very good and very expensive but at least the food was good. I preferred to walk over to Billy's By the Bay for a few, that's more my speed. Ate at Emilios in town, that was awesome and Claudios under the tent. I texted with Andy but he was busy running errands so we missed eachother....but I did check out his new ride, very sweet.
- Tuesday we took a short run to Essex Island Marina, a favorite for my wife and girls. Found Abby's which was great for breakfast. Also ate at the Black Seal and Griswald Inn. I love the pool at Essex, one of the best. A little shuffle board with the family, nice and relaxing. We took an uber to Old Saybrook and ate somewhere over that way on Friday. Pushed off Saturday at 6am to avoid high winds.
- Saturday we broke down!! About three miles off of CT, two miles west of Goose Island. My low oil alarm sounded, shut down the engines and I guess after running ~17hrs, I burned 4quarts each engine. With no spare oil, we called Seatow. I'm one of the guys with progressive insurance with towing. While all worked out well, iut was frustrating being on the phone for 20 minutes as the boat is rolling/drifting. I am going with straight Seatow next season, one call and they are on the way. It took 2hours for Seatow Bob to reach us and another 1.5 hours to be towed into Branford, Bruce and Johnsons. The guys at B&J were amazing. They let us use the service dock as I topped off the oil and went over all of the systems. Fortunately, no damage!! With small craft warnings and frazzled crew, we decided to stay so we moved to a regular slip and stayed the night. I have been there before delivering a boat but as HOGAN said, the place is REAL NICE. Great showers, awesome concrete floating docks, good restaurant and friendly staff. Not a bad place to unwind after the horrible morning.
- Sunday we filled up in Branford, cruised ~5hrs to Englewood for more fuel then ~1.5hrs more to Croton. Boat ran great!! Hells gate was a real pain, super crowded and boats overtaking eachother! One guy in a boat called "Harvest Moon" needs a smack! He plowed through all of the guys fishing the rocks by the throggs neck bridge and was extra obnoxious. After transitioning Hells Gate at least a dozen times, Sunday was the worst! But it was smooth after that and we were happy to make it home without any major issues.
- Monday I took the day off to unwind, run errands, etc. Something new I am adding to long boat trips...getting home Sunday and working Monday is way too much!

Next Year: I loved Greenport, I'm thinking of a loop around Long Island, through Peconic bays, Sag Harbor, Shinnecock Canal, Hamptons, Moriches, Patchoque, Fire Island, etc....but we have all winter to plan that one.

Favorite Quote: Don't sweat the petty things...AND...Don't pet the sweaty things!! - Steven Tyler

Homeport: Hudson River Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Aug 13 2019 :  11:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you had a good trip, next time, bring spare oil!

If you haven't been to Block, make it a stop next year. It's our favorite place. Lots to do, clamming, squidding, eating, touring the island, walking the town...

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Beautiful weekend Topic Next Topic: A beaut weekend  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com