BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 207 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.
 Mercury trim problem
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Volvo Penta 5.7 GXI water injestion and shaft seal Topic Next Topic: Electrolsis  

snafu_1

RO# 19640

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  15:57:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1994 Mercury 150 that has a problem with the trim pump that I canít figure out. I can hear the relays click. Boat has 2 fresh batteries with switch set to all. Before taking time to diagnose anything, I went ahead and replaced both relays, with the same result. To test the pump, I unplugged the blue and green wires (2 wire system), grounded green from pump and touched blue to 12v and pump runs. Reverse the wires and pump runs.

To test the switch/relays/wiring, at rest, blue and green from relays are grounded. With switch in up position, blue wire has power and green is still grounded. With switch in down position, green wire has power and blue is still grounded.

What am I missing? Is there another ground that could be bad somewhere?

Homeport:

snafu_1

RO# 19640

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  17:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never mind! I cleaned the male and female connector ends on the wires and all is well again (for now).

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Captain Dan

RO# 382

Posted - Feb 10 2020 :  07:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done!

I open carry to normalize open carry.

Homeport: Savannah, Georgia Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Volvo Penta 5.7 GXI water injestion and shaft seal Topic Next Topic: Electrolsis  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.35 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com