BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 66 ]  [ Total: 72 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Anyone else wondering if this year will be a wash?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Battery maintaining over the winter Topic Next Topic: Boat Insurance  

Stephen

RO# 14

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  10:49:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NJ just locked down movement. I was going to visit my boat today in preparation for removing the shrink wrap and considering which springtime chore I was going to start. I usually start with a scrub-down and waxing. But now with the lockdown, that isn't going to happen. I'm wondering if the season will even get underway this year. Has anyone else considered this or am I too early to think this might happen?

Homeport: Matts Landing, NJ

alk

RO# 5508

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  11:20:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking same thing yesterday - should have been outside getting the boats ready, but didnít bother. If you are only allowed to leave your house for food and pharmacy, hard to imagine getting much boating in.

Homeport: PA Go to Top of Page

JVM225

RO# 28365

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  11:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went for a nice long walk yesterday to get some exercise, fresh air and take care of the beautiful weather we had here.
Cold today, and sketchy forecast for the beginning of the week. But if weather improves at the end of the week Iím going to unwrap the boat and get started on polish, wax and bottom paint.
Itís outdoors, exercise, and not likely to have others all that close to me at the boatyard.

2002 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer
95 Eastern 22'
05 Maxum 18' Bowrider
C6 Corvette Convertible
68 GTO

Homeport: Farmingdale NY Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  12:03:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JVM225

Went for a nice long walk yesterday to get some exercise, fresh air and take care of the beautiful weather we had here.
Cold today, and sketchy forecast for the beginning of the week. But if weather improves at the end of the week Iím going to unwrap the boat and get started on polish, wax and bottom paint.
Itís outdoors, exercise, and not likely to have others all that close to me at the boatyard.

Under Cuomo's order, marinas will have to be shut down, they won't be able to launch any boats

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Edited by - HOGAN on Mar 23 2020 09:49:22

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

zane

RO# 19940

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  12:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a new to me used boat from local marina. Supposed to splash 4/1. Thatís off til 4/3 at earliest. I went on demo back in mid February. I said I didnít want the boat til 4/1. Of all things I was afraid of a late snow! I have memories of my dad having our then brand new boat in the water st Patrickís day 1981 only to have a Easter blizzard . While the shutdown makes sense, itís not sustainable. I imagine I will be in sooner than later as the underground economy grows. Stay safe all

Homeport: long island, n.y. Go to Top of Page

The Other Gary

RO# 143

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  13:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a full time liveaboard I am unwrapping next week. I am in my winter slip on a dock I share with 7 boats.
April 1st I will turn on the power and water to my summer slip. It is a condo dock and I will be the only one there for 2 weeks.
Works for me.

Gary Peck 1997 Bayliner 3988 MY, twin 330 Cummins

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns,,,,, It was called Schindler's List

Homeport: Toronto, Lake Ontario Go to Top of Page

Planeguy

RO# 1963

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  09:27:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can see this being a short season. As soon as the weather gets hot the virus will disappear just like the flu hopefully.

My tolerance for Islam ended on 9-11-01!

Homeport: Huron, Ohio Go to Top of Page

Golfman25

RO# 1239

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  12:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 words: Fk that chit.

Homeport: Algonquin Go to Top of Page

pstew96

RO# 12527

Posted - Mar 24 2020 :  08:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Already in and boating! Can't wait to see what the gas prices will be....

Homeport: Babylon,NY Go to Top of Page

JVM225

RO# 28365

Posted - Mar 24 2020 :  09:12:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HOGAN

quote:

Under Cuomo's order, marinas will have to be shut down, they won't be able to launch any boats

The place where I winter is an open boatyard so no problem getting in to work on the boat at anytime.
If I unwrap this coming weekend I probably wouldnít be finished with everything until nearer to the second week in April now if weather cooperates.
Hoping the boatyard guys will be free to launch boats by then.

2002 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer
95 Eastern 22'
05 Maxum 18' Bowrider
C6 Corvette Convertible
68 GTO

Homeport: Farmingdale NY Go to Top of Page

zane

RO# 19940

Posted - Mar 24 2020 :  09:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im thinking by this time next week we should see some action at the yards. Be it allowed or not. Guys want to eat. So while it may not be a beehive of activity, I think you will see guys moving boats around yards and splashing whoever is ready.

Homeport: long island, n.y. Go to Top of Page

WALSHIE

RO# 2124

Posted - Mar 24 2020 :  09:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HOGAN

quote:

I disagree and fortunately so does HRBYCA and most of the marinas around us, including yours. Marinas are essential to transportation.

On another note: My slip is ready and I expect to solo launch my CC when striped bass season opens April 1st. That sounds reasonable.

Favorite Quote: Don't sweat the petty things...AND...Don't pet the sweaty things!! - Steven Tyler

Homeport: Hudson River Go to Top of Page

November Charlie

RO# 824

Posted - Mar 24 2020 :  17:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, you guys are lucky. The only thing Iím supposed to leave the house for is working on and/or driving boats!

My signature line is cooler than your signature line.

Homeport: Northwest Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Battery maintaining over the winter Topic Next Topic: Boat Insurance  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.67 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com