BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 58 ]  [ Total: 58 ]  [ Newest Member: lingunbackpink ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.
 hot water heater issue
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Hard to get back to neutral Topic Next Topic: Air Conditioning - What if I buy it???  

WALSHIE

RO# 2124

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  09:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an Attwood EHM11 hot water heater that stopped working last year. Due to its location and other priorities, I didn't tackle the repair until this week. I have a fair amount of experience with home hot water heaters so...as expected, these things are "dead simple".

There's a tank with go-into go-outta water connections. There's a 110v wire connection:
- neutral --> directly to the element
- hot --> thermostat --> over temp sensor(180deg) -->element

I ordered a new thermostat & over temp sensor kit for $16, they were physically deteriorated probably from running the heater w/o water. It should take 20 minutes to replace.

The moral of the story is, don't just replace, unless you have a leak from the tank rotting out which there's nothing you can do.
Favorite Quote: Don't sweat the petty things...AND...Don't pet the sweaty things!! - Steven Tyler

Homeport: Hudson River

JimPend

RO# 5022

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  11:09:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I'll ask, why do you want to heat hot water.

Jim P.

Homeport: Port Clinton, OH Go to Top of Page

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  11:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL

Bruce

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  08:19:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, and how's your cold water heater working?

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

WALSHIE

RO# 2124

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  09:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The reason I took 20 minutes out of my life was to potentially help another RO fix an issue and save a bundle....fools!

Favorite Quote: Don't sweat the petty things...AND...Don't pet the sweaty things!! - Steven Tyler

Homeport: Hudson River Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Hard to get back to neutral Topic Next Topic: Air Conditioning - What if I buy it???  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com