boat-ed.com
BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: JohnPadgett ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.
 Raymarine RL70C with Raystar 120 - no fix???
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Battery Cables, Post or Stud Topic Next Topic: Is it worth fixing? Shes a mess!  

mcperrault

RO# 9186

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  16:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I turn on the chartplotter I get an initial screen that shows a default chart. I however, don't have a fix... The screen says "no position data available". I tried resetting the gps, but no joy.

Any ideas? How do I diagnose?

thank you in advance for your help
2004 Yamaha SUV1200
2001 Doral 270SC (Merc 7.4L with Bravo III)
2003 Maxum 3100SCR (Merc 5.0L MPI with Bravo III)
2002 Doral 360SEV (Volvo Penta 8.1 Gsi with Hurst v-drives)

Homeport: Havre De Grace, MD

Viking76

RO# 22881

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  08:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your Raystar 120 antenna is most likely defective. Most likely the internal batery has failed. I have the same problem with a Raychart 425, "no fix". Raymarine has told me that this indicates that the raystar 120 antenna has failed due to internal lithium battery failure and it is not repairable. The Raystar 125 is the only replacement antenna available (big bucks).

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Robski97

RO# 7334

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  09:47:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First thing i would do is kill power to the antenna. Find ur GPS fuse and remove it . after a few secs reinstall it ... reboot GPS.... There was a problem with raymarine GPS antenna's holding data... killing power to the antenna dumps the memmory ...

Rob

2006 44 Sundancer

Homeport: Merrick, NY Go to Top of Page

WALSHIE

RO# 2124

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  10:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a 120 that failed. I posted on the Raymarine bulletin board. Long story short, I sent them the unit and approx $125 (can't remember) and they sent me a replacement 125 unit. I was very pleased!!

Favorite Quote: Don't sweat the petty things...AND...Don't pet the sweaty things!! - Steven Tyler

Homeport: Hudson River Go to Top of Page

zolna

RO# 3582

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  13:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
similar failure on my Raymarine RL70 radar / charplotter...the culprit on mine was also the 120 antenna....I had heard that Raymarine had a lot of problems with these units....the 125 solved the issue

Homeport: Chicago, IL Go to Top of Page

missnmountains

RO# 22737

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  22:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had the RL70C on our old Monterey. It would do the same thing. I think robski is correct. We had to power off the batteries to reset. The restart GPS function internally never did work. Try removing all power to the unit. Repower and restart the RL70.

2008 58 Sedan Bridge

Homeport: Cape Coral, FL Go to Top of Page

LenB

RO# 4676

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  17:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem this year. The 120 failed. I installed a 125 last weekend. Problem solved.

Len Birner
Summer Solstice

Homeport: Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Battery Cables, Post or Stud Topic Next Topic: Is it worth fixing? Shes a mess!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.7 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Shop BoatStore.net!     Shop for Toys & Games!    Shop for Housewares!

Boatered.com