BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 133 ]  [ Total: 138 ]  [ Newest Member: F Niederhausen ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Marine Sanitation, Plumbing and the like.
 Vic Doing onboard Service Work
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: SeaLand Bow & Seal Cleaner in LectraSan? Topic Next Topic: Vacu-flush ball adjustment?  

Vic Willman

RO# 3655

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  08:34:55  Show Profile
I've gotten a few inquiries lately as to whether or not I do onboard service work on private yachts. Short answer, "NO!" Long answer, "HELL NO!"

I'm in my mid-60's and doctoring for more than one ailment. I haven't done any onboard work (even for Raritan) in several years, and it's going to stay that way. Last time out, this guy gave me a real sob story, "I just had to help him, nobody else would do..." So, out of the kindness of my heart, I gave up my Saturday and went out to his marina, about an hour and a half drive away. When I got there, he wasn't there. I called him on his cell phone and asked, what's up? He finally showed up about 45 minutes after I'd arrived.

I spent an hour or so on his boat, sweating my brains out. When I got all done, there was no payment, no thank you, no offer of a cold drink, or anything else. That was the last time! Wasted the better part of my Saturday, limped around for several days afterwards, and didn't even get a handshake for my efforts...! Plus, he had the nerve to call me about a year ago, asking me to come out again... Nope, those days are gone forever!
-- The Head Master --

Edited by - Vic Willman on Jul 26 2006 14:01:17

Homeport: Millville, NJ

SilverBullet

RO# 20331

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  18:29:04  Show Profile
Vic, just keep up the fine job you're doing on here. We all appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us!

Homeport: Atlantic City, NJ Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  08:52:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Vic Willman

...I'm in my mid-60's and doctoring for more than one ailment....

MID-60's?

Judging by the self portrait(above) I see you post on occasion, you don't look a day over 45. The shape of your head causes you to bear a striking resemblance to Charlie Brown, but you still don't look to be in your mid-60's!!!

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

DogDaze

RO# 27009

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  09:11:08  Show Profile
Hi Vic,

I can't say I blame you after reading your post...
I've never met you but it appears you are a kind person and that person took advantage of your generosity. It sounds as if he was a MORON...

I have a very good Lionel train friend in NJ, and I've found him to also be very kind as well when it comes to my Lionel Hobby. and hey, now that I think about it.. my wife was originally from NJ too... don't seem like such a bad place to me..

Hey KiDa, I like Charlie Brown.. and Joe Cool too..

Joe & Sheryl
The Great North Coast

1998 Cruisers Yachts 3575

Homeport: Cedar Point, Ohio Go to Top of Page

Vic Willman

RO# 3655

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  09:19:15  Show Profile
David, I was born on June 6, 1942. When my first birthday came around, everyone was so shocked that I'd been allowed to live, that they didn't do much of anything. But, to celebrate my second birthday, the allies invaded Normandy...!!!

Hee Yaaw!!!

Yup, that "picture" is misleading. Actually I'm a pot-bellied, bearded, ol' fa*t who's been wearing glasses since I was 16 - but Charlie Brown is my hero - even though Lucy will never ever let him kick the football!

-- The Head Master --

Homeport: Millville, NJ Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  19:28:19  Show Profile
Vic, 1942 was a stellar year!! Most of the outstanding people of the century were born in that year!! Yup, 1942 was a awesome year to be born!! I know this...don't ask me how!!!
PS: People born in 1942, are such good people, that's why you went the mile for that guy, but 42'ers are also fast learners!!

Homeport: Seneca River, NY Go to Top of Page

JimPend

RO# 5022

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  20:23:27  Show Profile
Vic, you are a great guy, you just live in a bad place.
I will get blasted again, but if they are from New York, or New Jersey, that's the way alot of them are. "Notice" I believe most, I didn't say it.

Jim P.

Homeport: Port Clinton, OH Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  22:23:55  Show Profile
So....you were a tad young to remember the "Summer of '42" however, ditch the term "Pot Belly". Tne term I heard just last week was the profile reveals a "Belly of Success".

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

Vic Willman

RO# 3655

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  13:31:26  Show Profile
Sunny, I agree, '42 was a good year.

I'm going to lock this topic now, as it was only intended to make mention of the fact that I don't do onboard service work. It's gotten off in a couple of other directions, which is largely my fault.

-- The Head Master --

Homeport: Millville, NJ Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: SeaLand Bow & Seal Cleaner in LectraSan? Topic Next Topic: Vacu-flush ball adjustment?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com