BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 100 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: mloustau ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Formula Owners
 Your Boat - Lets See Em'
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: UPDATE: Formula Raftup: Still Pond 9/18-9/19 Topic Next Topic: Changing Lower Shift Cable
Page: of 2

mannmade

RO# 12689

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  21:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, and the canvas appears to be in good shape. You will like the roll up side curtains, do they have screens in them? Looks to be an inflatable on the swim platform, give us some details about it and the davits holding it in place. Don't forget to take some pics of the admiral as she docks it....Formula owners don't need no stinkin' bow thrusters! OK, I really wanted to check her out but I thought it was a pretty good try!!

"Here's to those who played and never got paid. They played for the love of the game."

Homeport: White's Hudson River Marina, New Hamburg, NY Go to Top of Page

JiveMiguel

RO# 28451

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  14:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mannmade

Very nice, and the canvas appears to be in good shape. You will like the roll up side curtains, do they have screens in them? Looks to be an inflatable on the swim platform, give us some details about it and the davits holding it in place. Don't forget to take some pics of the admiral as she docks it....Formula owners don't need no stinkin' bow thrusters! OK, I really wanted to check her out but I thought it was a pretty good try!!

Thanks, George! Yes, the canvas is about a year old. It had a little mildew on the inside, but we got that all off yesterday with some oxyclean and water on a brush. The stratoglass is in great condition as well. The side curtains do not have screens. I don't think we'll ever take the entire canvas off... it looks pretty complicated and my wife and I are not sun worshipers.

Yes, that's a RIB on the back. It's maybe 9-10' long, and has a 15hp outboard mounted underneath it's cover. The davits are a simple U-shaped thing that can pivot 90 degrees to drop the tender into the water. The previous owner made a mounting system that integrates with the swim ladder to hold the outboard.

I don't think the 'admiral' will be docking it anytime soon... that will be my duty. How about a pic of her as she's cleaning the deck or throwing a fender over? LOL!

----------------------
1992 36' Formula F-36 Express
'Rock Lobster'
Long Beach, CA

Homeport: Long Beach, CA Go to Top of Page

TIMEOUT90

RO# 19919

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  22:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good looking boat, JM. When Formula discontinued the 36 in the early 90's, they had a big gap in their model lineup, with a jump from 34 to 41. Now, of course, theres 34,37 and 40 in the larger PC's. On another note, how does that black canvas work for you? I have a similar color scheme, and I just can't bear to put teal canvas back on, so I'm thinking black or grey. However, I don't want to have new stuff made that looks out of place.

-Dana

Formula 41PC

Homeport: Hudson, WI Go to Top of Page

JiveMiguel

RO# 28451

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  01:41:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TIMEOUT90

On another note, how does that black canvas work for you?

The canvas is in great shape, and I kind of like the black. It matches the scheme well enough. It's only about a year old, so I'm keeping it for as long as it will last! I just found the receipt and the previous owner paid over $4500 for it.

----------------------
1992 36' Formula F-36 Express
'Rock Lobster'
Long Beach, CA

Homeport: Long Beach, CA Go to Top of Page

mannmade

RO# 12689

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  20:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, time for the history lesson: remember Churchill and his shortest speech - never, never, ever give up!

I think if you go back to page one of this thread I had printed something on how to post... you have to have the picture on a web site, you cannot post from your own computer. Have at it one more time....failure is not falling down, failure is not getting up to try again.

"Here's to those who played and never got paid. They played for the love of the game."

Homeport: White's Hudson River Marina, New Hamburg, NY Go to Top of Page

TOMMY B

RO# 25191

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  13:35:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a pix of my old school Formula 26 PC "Triton".

I love this boat !! & its long been paid for..

TOMMY B

RALLY ON //////////

Do you know what "B-O-A-T" stands for ?? Break-Out-Another-$1,000...

Edited by - TOMMY B on Aug 05 2010 06:26:18

Homeport: Taxes paid too: Brewster NY Go to Top of Page

D8

RO# 29917

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  14:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our first formula was a 1990 26PC. Bought it in 96 slightly used with 57 hours. It was our first sleep on boat, and got us hooked on the marina life
Ours had the same color scheme as yours and still looked great when we sold it for our 31PC in 2002
yours looks great!
Roy

Homeport: Forked River, NJ Go to Top of Page

freckles

RO# 1665

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  13:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1995 336 SR-1 with twin 500s

You hate boats like mine until you ride in one.

Homeport: Lake St. Clair, Michigan Go to Top of Page

linesix

RO# 32029

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  16:22:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my 1995 252 I bought last summer in need of a motor and some TLC. I'm looking forward to a full summer of fun this year.

Homeport: NJ Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: UPDATE: Formula Raftup: Still Pond 9/18-9/19 Topic Next Topic: Changing Lower Shift Cable  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com