Anyone attend last yr's Feb.Long Island Boat Show?

Hyperfishing

Member
exMember
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
RO Number
3223
Messages
640
Wondering whether I should do an exhibit for my charter boat services there.

How was the attendance? Any other charter boats exhibiting there - booth or counter display?

What was the breakdown between boat owners and potential boat owners? My target charter is of course the group of undecided future boat owners. A LOOOONG time ago, I chartered a gofast with captain before deciding to get one myself.

Were there any high performance (bravo drive-no outboards) gofast boats on display? If so, were there lots of people interested in them?

Thanking you in advance for feedback, likely best to privately email me.

Cheers,
 
Chris,

Went last year and it was the same show as other years. It’s worth a couple of hours.

The LIYC had a booth there for years, I helped with it for two years and when I moved up in club ranks, I decided not to have it. If we were lucky we got a member to join, which would pay for it. But it became such a hassle to get volunteers to man the booth.

Publications and Internet have been a better success for the club.

I think you would have had to join the Association first (forget the name), then have signed up a couple of months ago to be an exhibiter.
 
Thanks, I will conduct a note taking visit for possible use as an exhibitor NEXT year.
 
Where is the boat show ususally held, and app. when in February is it? Heard about it in passing, wouldn't mind going this year. Thanks in advance for info.
 
Not sure of the dates, but it's at the Nassau Coliseum.
 
John.....I think it's the first 2 weekends of February.
 
Show Dates
February 3-4, 2007
February 7-11, 2007

Show Hours
Saturday 10:00am - 9: 00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm

NEW THIS YEAR
Wednesday-Friday 4:00pm-9:30pm

Ticket Prices
Adults - $10.00 per person
Seniors - $8.00 per person
Children 6-12 - $3.00 per child
Children 5 and Under FREE

Tickets are available at the Show gate, or can be ordered by phone by calling
(631) 691-7050

[:-goldfish][:-moptop][:-snorkel][:-sonar]
 
Went yesterday to look at some GPS's for the new boat. Seems to be getting smaller and smaller every year.
 
went yesterday.....had to renew my Sea Tow membership.....look at the new " GOOD " rope/chain windless............not many people in attendance.

Show is getting boring............
 
I was there for less than 40 minutes. Everyone goes to Atlantic City now as it is the perfect location.

Folks pick out the boat they want, then head into the casinos to make it happen that day. <gg>
 
quote:

Originally posted by Double D

went yesterday.....had to renew my Sea Tow membership.....look at the new " GOOD " rope/chain windless............not many people in attendance.

Show is getting boring............






Don, most were waiting to see how much they will lose or win on the SB betting, before spending any more $$$. Or maybe standing on line at the King Kullen deli trying to get pre cooked wings. Most were sold out in the meat section.
 
I wasted over $1K on S/B boxes......... DID NOT hit on one. What a bitch !!!!

Anyone make any $$$$$ yesterday ???

Chris.....looked around.....sorry we didn't see you.
 
Lots of people at the Atlantic City show. Maybe more than they expected, by a little after 1pm most of the snack bars were just about out of food... I stopped going to the LI show a few years back. It's a small show, few booths with accessories, not much as far as the boats that interest me. A lot shorter drive though!
 
Back
Top