misteright1_99
Member
- Joined
- Feb 16, 2006
- RO Number
- 20259
- Messages
- 6
I have a noise coming from my 2005 3.0 liter Volvo Penta engine. I suspected the idler pulley and replaced it with a new Volvo part. The sound
is still there. Although when I spray WD40 on
the inside of the pulley the sound stops, until I stop spraying, then the chirping, squeal comes back. I have inspected the belt tensioner and it
seems smooth, and operational. a candle applied to the belt stopped the noise for a few minutes.I have since purchased a new belt from Volvo. I ran the boat this weekend and the noise came back within about 2 hours of engine time. What next?????
is still there. Although when I spray WD40 on
the inside of the pulley the sound stops, until I stop spraying, then the chirping, squeal comes back. I have inspected the belt tensioner and it
seems smooth, and operational. a candle applied to the belt stopped the noise for a few minutes.I have since purchased a new belt from Volvo. I ran the boat this weekend and the noise came back within about 2 hours of engine time. What next?????