Dinghy Dilemma

Belzedar

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2005
RO Number
18637
Messages
81
I will be purchasing my first dinghy for my 28' Bayliner. After some research, I have decided on a fiberglass Livingston 9 or 10 foot. I would install it on my swim platform with Weaver davits. Here are my questions:

The beam of my boat is 9' 9". The 10 foot dinghy would be slightly wider than the boat; would this be a problem?

I will have the dinghy available as an emergency life raft. The 9' model has a capacity of 550 lbs. My wife and I are the usual passengers but occasionally we would have another couple on board and would likely go over this weight limit by 150 lbs. Is it reasonable to think that the dinghy could handle the four of us in an emergency situation waiting rescue?

Any other comments on my overall plan would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Back
Top