Honeywell 2000W Inverter Generator

I had one...just gave it away. It was very difficult to start...never on the first pull and pull cord was hard to pull and had a nasty backlash. Put up with it for a year and then it stopped producing electric current. That was the end of it.
 
Many report the Honda Eu2000 is reliable even though it's not a marine generator.
Bill
 
No personal feedback on the Honeywell. I have an older, 1994 Yamaha, that is still running. I put about 120+ hours on it a year. It's only the 1000 watt model and I want a 2000 watt; but the thing will not die even when putting a 1500 watt load on it for hours at a time. It's like the energizer bunny; it just keeps on going. I do change the oil every 100 hours. Other than that I had to replace the air filter once. That was 2 years ago when tropical storm Lee was about to hit and it was not ideling right. Called the local Yamaha dealership at 4 pm on a Saturday; knowing my power was going to be out. They had the air filter in stock. Told them to also set aside a new spark plug as well; might as well give it a tune up. Cost of maintaining it, besides oil changes, probably is about $0.75 per year.
 
quote:

Originally posted by Billylll

Many report the Honda Eu2000 is reliable even though it's not a marine generator.
Bill






I had one for my Regal. It's bullet proof. If anyone could figure out how to marinize it, W'beke and Kohler would have a lot to be afraid of in the small cruiser range. 4kW (paralleled 2kW's) for a couple of grand in less than 100 pounds.
 
Currently have a 1000 Honda - going on 13 years of use on the boat very reliable - boat new boat has AC and would like to run that.
 
quote:

Originally posted by dsantos

Currently have a 1000 Honda - going on 13 years of use on the boat very reliable - boat new boat has AC and would like to run that.






Depending on the AC size, you may have to upgrade to a 2K unit. My 2K unit easily ran my 10K A/C in the Regal. If your A/C is 5K, you may be able to get away with what you have.
 
Back
Top