Led cabin lights

compromise

Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
RO Number
27270
Messages
33
I would like the site for led lights . Going to replace cabin lights . I know it has been posted before. Thanks
 
<< Some one has got to ask, might as well be me... >>

Replacing the bulb only, or the entire fixture w/ bulb?
 
Google LED marine lights. A number of companies will come up. I've used SuperbrightLEDs.com.
 
I recommend marinebeam.com. A little more expensive than others but have current regulators and are polarity independent.
 
I got the LED bulbs for the bell and rectangular fixtures in my cabin from Amazon. They are the same shape as the bulbs that came out and the warm white gives off about the same color light as the old ones.
 
I recommend IMTRA and replace the bulbs if they have the correct LED replacements. Otherwise I replaced most of my fixtures and added many.
Cheap non regulated LEDs are more trouble than they are worth. Do it once and do it right.
Since LED's light output bis much different than a standard Hallogen bulb a diffuser is used in the lens of most of the good LED replacement lights.
If you are going to replace any navigation lights with LED's the fixtures are the only way to go.
Bill
 
Another vote for marinebeam. Very high quality and they really know their stuff. Their site is worth reading the articles if nothing else, but I have found their products to be superior and customer service excellent. Won't shop for LEDs anywhere else from now on.
 
When you replace your bulbs, most people prefer the warm white. The natural white and especially the cool white is too blue for most peoples' tastes.
I'm sure you won't go wrong with either marinebeam.com or superbrightleds.com. Both are excellent companies and have many happy customers here on this and other boating forums. I don't recall ever reading posts from any dissatisfied customers of either company.
 
Search Amazon for these:

Ledwholesalers Waterproof Ba15s Bayonet Base Single Contact 15 SMD 3528 LED Light Bulb 12 Volt, Warm White, 1429ww
 
Just to emphasis a point I made which ever place you choose to purchase LED bulbs make sure they have a regulated supply part of the LED bulb assembly. They are easy to recgnize because the LED's are mounted to a small printed circuit board that has very small surface mount components in addition to the actual LEDs themselves.
Bill
 
Back
Top