Les,
I'm going to be making a trip on a friends boat down the West Coast. Being that I don't like to depend upon anybody else for my safety, I plan on bringing a laptop with navigation program on it. I just noticed that my current laptop doesn't have a serial connection, which my Garmin 12MAP uses. I started looking at adaptors and it occurred to me that the adaptors might be more expensive than the cheap handheld GPS units that are out there.
What's BoatFixes cheapest handheld that would work for this purpose. Once I'm done with this, it will go into the dicth bag for emegency usage only so a lot of features aren't important.
Thanks for your help!
I'm going to be making a trip on a friends boat down the West Coast. Being that I don't like to depend upon anybody else for my safety, I plan on bringing a laptop with navigation program on it. I just noticed that my current laptop doesn't have a serial connection, which my Garmin 12MAP uses. I started looking at adaptors and it occurred to me that the adaptors might be more expensive than the cheap handheld GPS units that are out there.
What's BoatFixes cheapest handheld that would work for this purpose. Once I'm done with this, it will go into the dicth bag for emegency usage only so a lot of features aren't important.
Thanks for your help!