For engine/boat in signature, who likes what and where do they get them?
Original ones failed shortly after we bought the boat in 2004, but I have no idea if they were even flushed. I doubt they were ceramic lined in 1996.
Replaced with Sierra which lasted 3 seasons with flushing.
Replaced with MerC which are ceramic, lasted 5 seasons with flushing.
Looking for new parts...
1. Sierra didn't impress me with durability, but the boat ran well with its larger passages than OEM.
2. Had heard one of the old line manufacturers (OSCO???) became exclusively Sierra. Anybody know?
3. I'd like aluminum, but I think the corrosion would be worse than the rust.
4. GLM intrigues me with their "lost foam" casting technique.
5. GLM also intrigues me with the "tuned" design in the SBC manifolds.
6. But GLM has (at least used to have) a rep for early failure. They offer same "3 year warranty" as MerC and Sierra.
7. I bought the Sierra set when GVP was at BFix, and he wasn't fond of Barr.
Once I figure out What, then Where?
Can anybody help? THANKS!
Original ones failed shortly after we bought the boat in 2004, but I have no idea if they were even flushed. I doubt they were ceramic lined in 1996.
Replaced with Sierra which lasted 3 seasons with flushing.
Replaced with MerC which are ceramic, lasted 5 seasons with flushing.
Looking for new parts...
1. Sierra didn't impress me with durability, but the boat ran well with its larger passages than OEM.
2. Had heard one of the old line manufacturers (OSCO???) became exclusively Sierra. Anybody know?
3. I'd like aluminum, but I think the corrosion would be worse than the rust.
4. GLM intrigues me with their "lost foam" casting technique.
5. GLM also intrigues me with the "tuned" design in the SBC manifolds.
6. But GLM has (at least used to have) a rep for early failure. They offer same "3 year warranty" as MerC and Sierra.
7. I bought the Sierra set when GVP was at BFix, and he wasn't fond of Barr.
Once I figure out What, then Where?
Can anybody help? THANKS!