Marine vs. non-marine ignition coil?

quote:

Originally posted by rommer

Not trying to pee on anyone's corn flakes but is it really worth it to save a few dollars and then have your insurance company deny your claim in the event of a problem?





Your insurance company cannot deny your claim because you used inferior repair parts. An "accident" is an "accident". It's possible they would cancel your policy after the explosion, but they will have to pay.

Personally (and people should think about this), I would be far more concerned with blowing myself up because of inferior or non marine parts than with an insurance claim for property damage. If you're dead, why would you care about an insurance claim?
 
Maybe because your family would benefit (assuming they were not on the boat when it exploded)????....Just a thought.
 
So you're dead, but your heirs might need some shelter from liability from your stupidity.
 
We are not talking about using a non marine and or an inferior part.
I ordered a proper marine part but the part in the box does not display that marine part number, that number is only taped to the box it comes in.
Mallory says that what I received is correct and is approved for marine use and I am sure it is but my point is that the coil shows a non marine part number while they have a special marine part number in their parts listing.

I understand that it is exactly the same coil but I say it should have had something on it displaying the marine part number, also they are charging almost twice as much for the "marine coil"
 
All coils are sealed. That's how they're made. If a coil leaks spark it's broken.
 
Back
Top