New Stainless or aluminum prop?

Arrghhh

Member
exMember
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
RO Number
20991
Messages
7
Hi,
I am trying to decide on which direction to go for a new prop. I have a 195 four winns with a 140 hp mercruiser. I think the boat may be a bit underpowered as it seems to be a heavy boat with a cudy cabin. The existing prop is pretty dinged up and I would like to keep it as a spare and go new. The big advantage of the aluminum is the price and perhaps to a lesser extent the protection it provides to the drive if I hit something. Considering the boat is underpowered how much of an advantage would I gain from stainless? I talked with Dan at Dan's discount propellers (Ithink that is the place) and he had a stiletto for $240-he was very familiar with the four winns model I had and recommended the 17 pitch. If the performance is not significant I think I will go aluminum. Thoughts?
Thanks,
Lee
 
Back
Top