Overheating

GAJ

Member
exMember
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
RO Number
516
Messages
87
Do to hip replacement we just got the boat in the water last week. Went out today for a shakedown and the port motor started overheating. Shut it down and let cool for awhile and checked heat exchanger and it was empty. Before putting it in the water I checked all levels oil, coolest ect and looked good to go. I had extra coolent and filled heat exchanger. With the cap off I started the motor and right off the bat it started bubbling and overflowed some. Can that be a head problem, raiser or manifold or all the above. Here we go again. Any input would be great. 350 merc

Thanks

Gary
 
Seems that I don't have access to hat link.

Anyway, bubbling in the heat exchanger (or radiator for that matter) is classic blown head gasket (or warped head) that's pumping air from compression stroke into the cooling system.
 
I was afraid of that. Would I lose compression in a cylinder so I can determine what side is bad?
 
Back
Top