PLEASE Help Save our Stripers!

Martinez_Mitch

Member
exMember
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
RO Number
30802
Messages
177
Save our CA Stripers!

AB1253 will decimate our striper fishery

Jean Fuller, assemblywoman from Bakersfield, has introduced legislation (AB 1253) to remove gamefish status for striped bass. Passage would allow unlimited, indiscriminate harvest of striped bass and prohibit regulation of striped bass by the California Department of Fish and Game.

AB1253 would devastate the striped bass recreational fishing industry throughout the Bay and Delta region, along with the economy upon which it depends. Fuller claims that AB1253 would help Delta Smelt and Salmon by decreasing striped bass predation. The science is exactly opposite - striped bass have been studied extensively and have been categorized as an insignificant predator. Fuller freely admits that water contractors, who receive subsidized water from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Bay-Delta estuary, drafted the proposed legislation.

Dan Blanton, a nationally-recognized author and striped bass expert sums up AB1253: “This legislation is a blatant attempt by certain greedy irrigation farmers to remove anglers from the water equation. Remove the fish, the anglers lose interest, and our vocal opposition to irresponsible water exports ends."

Please help The Federation of Fly Fishers, California Sportfishing Protection Alliance, California Striped Bass Association and other conservation organizations defeat this bill while it is still in Assembly committee.

We need businesses to step up and be counted. If you are a business - sign the opposition letter at:
http://saveourstripers.org/contactus/

Individuals can sign the letter here:
http://individual.saveourstripers.org/contactus/

Please take a couple of minutes to sign this letter.
 
I've signed it. Earlier I also sent emails opposing this to my state rep. Let's hope they listen!
 
I was already to help, but then I realized you said "stripers" not strippers. :)
 
You'll get a lot more people helping if you add another "P" to Stripers
 
OH, the fish, I thought it was about something.....else.

Hey! Now that Woodsong moved Lake Lanier to California, would that help the strippers, I mean stripers?

Ken
 
Back
Top