I have a 1998 Sportcraft, 25'2 Hardtop...5,7 Mercruiser with a Alpha One Drive...here is my issue...
The motor idles around 650-700 RPM, which seems to be the standard, when in gear I cannot get the boat below 3.5 MPH, getting in and out of the dock at the marina is a pain..also I have noticed that I really do not get much torque or push when the motor is pushed into gear, takes a little to react...My question is such...Do I have to high of a pitch on my prop?? I am not sure what the pitch is right now but I will take a look at it?
Will a lower pitch aid these problems? Can anyone let me know what the designated Manufacturer Prop is for this boat Diamter and Pitch.. Thanks again
The motor idles around 650-700 RPM, which seems to be the standard, when in gear I cannot get the boat below 3.5 MPH, getting in and out of the dock at the marina is a pain..also I have noticed that I really do not get much torque or push when the motor is pushed into gear, takes a little to react...My question is such...Do I have to high of a pitch on my prop?? I am not sure what the pitch is right now but I will take a look at it?
Will a lower pitch aid these problems? Can anyone let me know what the designated Manufacturer Prop is for this boat Diamter and Pitch.. Thanks again