Renting a spot at my dock

Hazzard

Member
exMember
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
RO Number
20085
Messages
123
I have a private dock on Lake Lanier in Atlanta. I was thinking about renting out a "spot" on my dock for a small bowrider or pontoon boat.

I'm looking for a legal document (kind of like a lease) that I would get someone to sign. I would like to not have to re-invent the wheel if someone knows where I can get one.

I want certain rules, like one car and one car only to come when they get the boat (they can drive around the corner to a boat dock and pick other people up). Tie up to a certain side, water, lights and power are available on a limited basis (i.e. they aren't plugging up for weeks at a time to keep a lot of electronics charged). I also want to make sure that I am not liable for someone tripping and falling on my property, etc.

Any comments are welcome. If I'm open to too much liabililty then I won't do it.

Thanks
 
To give you an example, our condo docks in Florida were "rented" to unit owners, even though they belonged to all the unit owners. However, because the individual docks were used by only one unit owner, they required proof of insurance and, based on lawyers requirements, did not permit guests to embark or disembark. The chance of a guest tripping on a cleat or line, or falling while on the way to their car was too great. Frankly, I wouldn't even consider it without consulting an attorney. Even a release won't protect you against anything that could be construed as negligence.
 
Tell your neighbor that you will charge him $50 a day each time he ties up there. Maybe you can get your $200 that way.
 
Back
Top