Storing portable generator in engine compartment

JAK

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2002
RO Number
9376
Messages
7
I bought the Honda 2000 for the travel trailer this past fall with the idea of using it on the boat also. I will be running it on the swim platform at anchor when needed. Storing it though is a problem. It doesn't fit beneath the cockpit seats so I would be tripping over the darn thing. In the engine compartment I have a shelf in front of the motors where I could easily strap it down so it couldn't move. The vent on the generator seems like it seals the vapors very well. Do you think this is safe? I have consider buying one of those LP tank containers that are suppose to be vapor proof allowing them to be mounted in the engine compartment. Just trying to save money without being stupid. I know many here are carrying portables. How do you store them?
 
Back
Top