- Joined
- Jul 16, 2002
- RO Number
- 9357
- Messages
- 533
I have been gathering quotes from local canvas people. I am looking to replace the bimini, enclosure, and cockpit cover on my boat. The average quote has been $3,500 - $4,000.
I just received a quote today from a marina canvas department that seems to cater to newer and larger vessels. Their marina is in a pristine location and the docks are in excellent condition, therefore the dockage price reflects that.
Obviously their canvas price reflects that, too. Get ready for this!
$7,400 to replace my canvas!!!
Heaven forbid I were to require a new bimini frame, that's another $950. And oh yeah, if I want the high quality Tenera thread, add another $100. Oh, I almost forgot.....if I want the bimini to have the Sea Mark coating, that's another $275, or another $150 for Sunbrella Plus material.
Either I just stepped foot onto planet CRAZY or these people actually beleive someone would pay that kind of money for some damn cloth and plastic sewn together.
Let's see, a brand new engine or some canvas? Hmmm.........................
I just received a quote today from a marina canvas department that seems to cater to newer and larger vessels. Their marina is in a pristine location and the docks are in excellent condition, therefore the dockage price reflects that.
Obviously their canvas price reflects that, too. Get ready for this!
$7,400 to replace my canvas!!!
Heaven forbid I were to require a new bimini frame, that's another $950. And oh yeah, if I want the high quality Tenera thread, add another $100. Oh, I almost forgot.....if I want the bimini to have the Sea Mark coating, that's another $275, or another $150 for Sunbrella Plus material.
Either I just stepped foot onto planet CRAZY or these people actually beleive someone would pay that kind of money for some damn cloth and plastic sewn together.
Let's see, a brand new engine or some canvas? Hmmm.........................