Tow Boat US did not know this

Aquaholic101

Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
RO Number
17202
Messages
233
I wanted to have my boat towed from my dock to the local boat ramp (less than 2 miles) so that I can take her out and trailer her to the shop to have the engine rebuilt. I called Tow Boat US to make arrangements they took all the info and at the end told me I have to pay 50% for the tow. Even with unlimited tow because I am already at a safe port. Had I known that I would have pushed off my dock drifted a little then called for a tow. Not sure if this is the same policy for Sea Tow but I will find out as my membership expires in July..
 
Sea Tow does not charge for dock to dock tows - even from your home dock.
 
Both towing organizations hate dock to dock tows, especially from the home dock. At least 50% of the time, the boat to be towed is neglected, has a dead battery or some other problem that the owner could easily correct. While Sea Tow does cover them, they require that the tow be scheduled and the owner has to be on board.
 
Yes, they are reluctant to tow a guy in Miami who has a home port of Jacksonville. They will tow a Jacksonville boat in Miami to a repair factility in Miami. Much of the response, unfortunately, depends on the area you are in. Some franchisees will do almost anything to keep a customer happy while others just go by the letter of the towing agreement. You, as a customer, should also be very familiar with the agreement and insist that it be honored.
 
Back
Top