boatboy256
Member
- Joined
- Feb 14, 2006
- RO Number
- 20232
- Messages
- 7
Hi All
I am planning to get a delta plow anchor for my Chaparrel 240 cruiser,it is the one they offer as an option and seems to fit the roller properly,and it seems to be good at holding in the sand and mud conditions I will be boating in.
My questions are in looking through my catalog last night I saw anchor chain tensoners,will I need one of these to keep the anchor tight in the roller?I don't want it bouncing around and possibly damaging the gel coat,I thought i could just secure the chain on the anchor cleat,and that would be enough.
Also I am to understand that you should safty wire the anchor shakels,just put wire through the hole and wrap around the shakle? is that correct?
One more question,when I pull the anchor rode in am I just to let the line go into the anchor box and hope it does not tangle itself,or is there a better way of doing this.
Thanks for any replies.
I am planning to get a delta plow anchor for my Chaparrel 240 cruiser,it is the one they offer as an option and seems to fit the roller properly,and it seems to be good at holding in the sand and mud conditions I will be boating in.
My questions are in looking through my catalog last night I saw anchor chain tensoners,will I need one of these to keep the anchor tight in the roller?I don't want it bouncing around and possibly damaging the gel coat,I thought i could just secure the chain on the anchor cleat,and that would be enough.
Also I am to understand that you should safty wire the anchor shakels,just put wire through the hole and wrap around the shakle? is that correct?
One more question,when I pull the anchor rode in am I just to let the line go into the anchor box and hope it does not tangle itself,or is there a better way of doing this.
Thanks for any replies.