Another Magic Potion for my holding tank.

quote:

I believe KO works aerobically & Odorlos works anaerobically. So if your tank has good ventilation, use KO. If poor ventilation, then use the Odorlos.





This is what I remember also. I switched over to Odorlos a few years ago and rarely if ever get any smells now.

To deal with the saltwater issue, the past 2 seasons I don't even open the saltwater valve for my head anymore and I use the shower to put fresh water in the bowl to flush. I think that's helped a lot too. My shower stall is right next to the toilet so on my boat that works out well.
 
I do the same as JohnC posted. Odorlos, freshwater bowl flush, no smells. Also rinse holding tank m& a couple times a year I put vinegar into the holding tank thru the head & let it sit overnight before rinsing/pumping out.
 
Same. Use OL and fresh water......no smell. Uses a lot of water though. The river water works too, but we need to dump more OL in. Seems to work for us.
 
Back
Top