I purchased my 1988 Sea Ray 340 EC with less than 1000 hrs. Now over that, I want to change the fluid in my transmissions. BW Velvet drives. The fluid in there now seems to be ATF by looking at it. Also, when I purchased the boat, there was a spare unopened bottle of ATF. I am assuming that the previous owner used this.
Is ATF an acceptable fluid? I have a 100 hours on the trannys since I purchased with smooth flawless operations.
I really do not care if I had to spend a little more for the right product. I am all about preventative maintenance.
Thanks, Bill
Is ATF an acceptable fluid? I have a 100 hours on the trannys since I purchased with smooth flawless operations.
I really do not care if I had to spend a little more for the right product. I am all about preventative maintenance.
Thanks, Bill